Social Gallery for WordPress

Thread: The Tumblr issue

The Tumblr issue

As I posted in this thread, I experience the "tumblr-thingy" being "totally broken". I reconsidered and decided to make a thread out of it, showing the process and the result of an image being shared on tumblr via social gallery.

So lets start the whole thing by trying to share this nice image: 1.jpg. After klicking on the tumblr share button i land here (don't be surprised, it is in german). I continue with clicking the "Eintrag erstellen" (create post) - button and the next screen I see is this one (there are two different screens, the one shows the share link option active, the other one shows the share photo option active. Obviously.) .

So far so good. Now I press again the "create post" - button and this turns out as result when I posted it using the link option: 4.jpg.
    Using the photo option just doesn't work. When i click on "create post", tumblr redirects me here.

Whatever, let's now check what happens when I click on the link created by tumblr.
    The link redirects me again to the image shown before.

I'm not sure if it's a bug in social gallery or a tumblr bug.
    Last edited by Deepabysm; 01-24-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Deepabysm,

Thanks for posting this so clearly and taking the time to make screenshots. I really appreciate your effort

I think I'll totally re-build the tumblr button for v2.1 as I can see it's not doing what it's supposed to be doing. I had implemented it in a supposedly "best guide" way but it's not playing ball. Leave this one with me - it'd be great if you could re-test after v2.1!

Cheers

I guess I won't get around testing it :P
    Yeah of course I'll do this. Thanks for your effort, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Deepabysm View Post
    I guess I won't get around testing it :P
    Yeah of course I'll do this. Thanks for your effort, too!
    Thanks Deepabysm, I'll get to it ASAP