Social Gallery for WordPress

Thread: Problem with Titles not Showing and Sharing Correct Images

Problem with Titles not Showing and Sharing Correct Images

I'm hoping someone can help! I just upgraded and am using Social Pages with custom CSS tag on each image on the one page. When sharing, is there a way to share the title or alt tag of the photo instead of the page title?

Also, when sharing to LinkedIn and Facebook it only offers to show the first 3 photos on the page, and not the actual photo in the window. I have run the image update engine and all the photos are there. Sharing to Pinterest, shows "Image on Angel's Photos & Jewelry". So I'm wondering if there's a way to show the title of the photos in the gallery.

Here is my page, each image is using a custom css tag: http://www.angelsphotosandjewelry.com/custom-jewelry

Hi

You can edit the Social Gallery Page template and input a different bit of code into the og:title and og:description however this isn't trivial as the page can only display what's logged into a database for example so you'd need to find the various images and edit what the update engine has logged for them (which isn't easy as you'd have to go through your mySQL database and be careful as you edit things)

It's not something we would support you doing I'm afraid as it shows the page title (which is added based on the image title (i.e. the filename of the image))

Cheers

I got the impression that the update engine would grab the title of the photo for sharing. Is this coming up in a future release maybe? (choose photo title or page title) On sharing a photo, how can I have that exact photo shared, instead of random images on the page? Thanks much.

It could grab the title of the photo, BUT more often that not people don't put the title in the page so it makes a title from the image.jgp would be "image" as this will always be there

I can add it to the list, the exact photo shared you need to use Social Gallery Pages and have run a full image scan

Cheers