Social Gallery for WordPress
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Warning... unreachable error

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    8

    Warning... unreachable error

    I am getting the following error when click on an image: http://cl.ly/image/0p3w12212W24 - it says that the url is currently unreachable, can you please advise?

  2. #2
    Administrator mikemayhem3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    967
    Hi,

    Do you mean under the Facebook comments? That's because Facebook can't see the URL, check the link for any 404s and check the facebook debugger to see what it reports on that URL.

    If it's a 404, you may need to reset your permalinks (i.e. set hem to default, test, then set them back to your custom setting)

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    8
    I'm not sure I understand what you're proposing, it seems fairly obvious based on the screenshot link above that the issue pertains to the social gallery plugin and not my permalinks.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikemayhem3030 View Post
    Hi,

    Do you mean under the Facebook comments? That's because Facebook can't see the URL, check the link for any 404s and check the facebook debugger to see what it reports on that URL.

    If it's a 404, you may need to reset your permalinks (i.e. set hem to default, test, then set them back to your custom setting)

  4. #4
    Administrator mikemayhem3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by qwik3r View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what you're proposing, it seems fairly obvious based on the screenshot link above that the issue pertains to the social gallery plugin and not my permalinks.
    Hi, no it's what I mentioned originally, that's a Facebook warning because you have a 404 on your site here: http://blog.lindsayadlerphotography....lery/img-13341

    That's caused by your permalinks not being refreshed upon install of Social Gallery, you can fix by setting them to default, viewing a page, then setting them back to your custom setting.

    Sometimes WordPress doesn't always update its rewrite rules for permalinks when new pages are created through a plugin, but that's how you fix anyway, refresh your permalink settings

    1.) Settings -> Permalinks
    2.) Set to default, save and view a page
    3.) Set back to your custom setting, save and view the page

    The Facebook warning will then go as soon as Facebook scrapes the URL again, for info here's the Facebook debugger

    https://developers.facebook.com/tool...ry%2Fimg-13341

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemayhem3030 View Post
    Hi, no it's what I mentioned originally, that's a Facebook warning because you have a 404 on your site here: http://blog.lindsayadlerphotography....lery/img-13341

    That's caused by your permalinks not being refreshed upon install of Social Gallery, you can fix by setting them to default, viewing a page, then setting them back to your custom setting.

    Sometimes WordPress doesn't always update its rewrite rules for permalinks when new pages are created through a plugin, but that's how you fix anyway, refresh your permalink settings

    1.) Settings -> Permalinks
    2.) Set to default, save and view a page
    3.) Set back to your custom setting, save and view the page

    The Facebook warning will then go as soon as Facebook scrapes the URL again, for info here's the Facebook debugger

    https://developers.facebook.com/tool...ry%2Fimg-13341
    I understand this, but in my case, there are no pages created by the plugin: http://prntscr.com/2pzx1z
    If I do go back to default permalink it does work well though.

  6. #6
    Administrator mikemayhem3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    967
    Glad it's working, this sounds like something caused by your theme removing the rewrite rules, if setting to default then back to custom doesn't make your social-gallery/image pages show then try on twenty twelve theme see if they do

    If they do it's a theme issue, if you dont have any pages at all, this just means you've not run an image scan

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •