Social Gallery for WordPress

Thread: Update Engine not searching custom post types & images not looping

Question Update Engine not searching custom post types & images not looping

Hi Social Gallery,

Problem 1

As I say in the title, the Update Engine doesn't search custom post types. I use Custom Post Type UI to produce custom post types.

Wordpress: 3.5.1
    Headway: 3.4.11 (child theme)

I did have Headway Gallery Block installed, which has it's own lightbox so I have uninstalled it, but that makes no diffence.

Installation is: www.mysite.com/subdirectory/wp.... etc. The subdirectory installation seems to throw up problems also.

Though I can get the lightbox to function and display images in the lightbox even when they are not in the library, the sharing and FB commenting does not work - with the hashtag method I can get it to almost work, but never 1) show the image AND 2) link back to the page/image. I can get either/or, but not both.

I have tried all combinations of Social Gallery Pages on/off, with Image URL, Hashtag Index and Page URL... and I've tried the combinations with All Content Images through to Gallery Compatability Mode (inclusive) and in no scenario can I get 1) and 2) to work simultaneously.

----------------------------------

Problem 2

Also, if I enable the Show Previous/Next Navigation, at the first or last image there is still an arrow, but it just goes to a black void with a never-ending loading graphic, rather than looping back to the last or first image. Either it should have no next/previous on the first/last image, or it should loop, but a never ending loading graphic just looks broken.

This problem appears to be consistent through all combinations of settings.

----------------------------------

Is there any chance I can fix these problems as I really love the functionality of the lightbox? I will sacrifice some things to get it to work, but I don't think I can sacrifice custom post types.

I've spent a day and a half on this already and am at a design impasse, so would appreciate any help ASAP.
    Last edited by Pixate; 06-06-2013 at 11:59 PM.

Hi Andrew

1.) It doesn't scan custom post types, it's on the list to add into a future version

2.) This will be because you'll be using SG on too many images, the voids are the sharing images it's trying to open. You can get round this by being more specific using CSS selectors

http://www.socialgalleryplugin.com/s...css-selectors/

Hi Mike

1) Any idea when - this is a deal breaker for me

2) WHAT? there are only two images picked up on the site!

Hi Mike

1) Any idea when? This is a deal breaker for me.

2) WHAT? there are only two images picked up on the site!

No time to wait for an answer that answers. Junked it, got FooBox... it works properly. I've sent in for a refund.

Shame, I prefer some of your features, but working is kind of important.

When I buy a car, I expect the wheels and engine to come as standard. Let me know when you fit them and I may buy it again.

Pixate,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, as mentioned in other threads, we simply cannot offer instant support and turnaround times are 24 to 48 hours typically.

1.) It's only the scanning of the posts that we will be adding to a future version, we don't have a solid ETA for this but we expect to be able to start work on this in Q4 2013

2.) It's trying to open the additional icons on your page (if you look at the descriptions) you must have it set to all site content the following code is a rough idea

<body>
    <div class = "post">

//you have two images here

</div>

//your site has extra "share images here" like facebook icons, etc which since you've set the setting to all images it will open these... some themes may even put this up in the post higher..

</body>

It's caused by what you have on your theme, so to tie social gallery down to only open certain images, you go to CSS selectors in the settings (the link I sent) and add something like

.post a:has(img)

(where .post is the class name).

Please note
    We can only provide support within 48 hours – we are not obliged to provide ANY support what so ever from Envato, but we do our best because we appreciate our users. The best we can do without going bankrupt is Mike’s responses on the forum which are nearly always within 24 hours and worst case within 48. Please do be patient as we get a very high volume of support tickets.

If you’re answer takes a bit of time please do remember we are developers of the plugin, our time is valuable and we do as much as we can without going bankrupt. At $25 per sale, it doesn’t cover the cost of our support – it covers the cost of developing the plugin.

If you were to purchase a Stephen King book from amazon, you cannot contact the author for support in reading the book. The Envato support system is the same as if this were a book. It’s been read and reviewed, tested and has a working demo and is considered to work as advertised (which it does).

If you’re trying to use it on a very custom site with lots of plugins then you may have problems, but the problems can be fixed.

If you are impatient while waiting for a response – try the following

Install the plugin on a test site before going live
    Test the plugin on it’s own using the WordPress Twenty Twelve theme
    READ the documentation that comes with the plugin
    ensure the settings are setup correctly
    READ the FAQs on this site – they are updated and help
    Look at your sites console log – do you have any obvious errors?
    Finally BE PATIENT with us we cannot offer instant support
    Any issues that are caused by your live site is 99.9% of the time a problem with another plugin, or the theme, or it’s not been setup correctly in the settings

We ensure we answer EVERY ticket for support, when requesting support please be curtious as we don’t have to help and being rude or negative won’t make us answer any quicker.

And a reminder, we’re not obliged to offer support and that’s why the plugin is only $25, for $25 you get a working copy of the plugin (it works, the demo site proves it as well as a number of other sites).

Cheers

"It doesn't scan custom post types, it's on the list to add into a future version"

I have the same question! I just bought SG just for showing and sharing my portfolio photos in a custom post type template. One year ago you post it, have you added it? If not, I will ask for a refund.

Hey, the plugin is supported at the Epic Plugins central forum now, and yes custom posts get scanned

http://epicplugins.com/help/