PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on setup

jimslaton
02-18-2013, 03:51 AM
Okay so I thought I followed your instructions to a T on how to install this plugin.

Initially I wanted to use it with the NetGen Gallery. Then I tried the inpost gallery. I'm not sure what is going on that is causing this plugin to not work. Sometimes when I click on an image a lightbox will come up. It will be just a blank lightbox. And other times it will go to another blank page with just the picture. My site is not live right now but I can PM login details if you wouldn't mind taking a look.

I spent 2-3 days trying different plugins (NextGen, Inpost, ect.) and installation methods. This is driving me crazy and i'm about to call it quits. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks So Much!

woods
02-18-2013, 06:04 AM
Hi Jim,

Thanks for purchasing Social Gallery and for taking the time to post here - please do provide an example URL so we can help advise.

With regards different plugins - NextGen should usually work OK, provided you have turned off the other custom effect (in NextGen Settings) - In post galleries / native images as well should work fairly easily, provided you have them pointing to "Media URL's" and not attachment pages?

Currently there is a bug in the latest WordPress (3.5.1) which is making Native, In post Image Galleries not correctly "Link to Media URL's" - Which is the most common issue as to what you're describing. WordPress developers will likely fix this for 3.5.2 which will be out soon (you can read more on this here (http://wordpress.org/support/topic/link-to-media-file-selected-but-linkfile-missing-from-shortcode).)

Look forward to helping you get up and running!

Cheers

Woods

jimslaton
02-20-2013, 02:29 AM
I've been messing with it for the last couple of days as well. I'm further a long but still not there yet. I sent you a pm with login details. I have to have a meeting about this website in 1 more day and this is a crucial part of the site. Any way you could help me soon? Sorry I don't mean to sound pushy but I really want this plugin to work.
Thanks So Much!

woods
02-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Hi Jim,

I have replied to you via PM, however please do try and post your problems publicly where possible - it helps all the other users if they can search for solved issues!

Cheers

W