PDA

View Full Version : Clicking Image doesn't show Social Gallery

lisabrowne
02-15-2013, 07:46 PM
I've Installed Social Gallery and I've disabled all other lightbox plugins but I can't get it to work. I've also been trying to do the Update Engine full scan but its just stuck on Processed 33 out of 34 pages. It does say there are 76 images in the library and I've tried clicking on some of the images that are showing up in the library, but it just goes to the image and doesn't show the social gallery. Here's links to two pages so you can see that its not working:

http://htxhoops.com/htx/
http://htxhoops.com/htx/media/

Can you help me?

woods
02-18-2013, 06:31 AM
Hi lisa,

Can you try the following for me:

Go to Social Gallery settings, Select "Specific CSS Selector" from the top option and then put the following in the next box:

.entry-content a:has(img)

... and then save the settings and then let us know if that solves it?

Cheers

W

lisabrowne
02-19-2013, 12:18 AM
Tried this. Didn't work. Any other ideas?

Hi lisa,

Can you try the following for me:

Go to Social Gallery settings, Select "Specific CSS Selector" from the top option and then put the following in the next box:

.entry-content a:has(img)

... and then save the settings and then let us know if that solves it?

Cheers

W

woods
02-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Hi Lisa,

If it didn't work - what happened - can you show me the site with this setting up?

Cheers

W

lisabrowne
02-20-2013, 04:56 PM
I sent you the login details on a private message yesterday. Can you see if you have it? If not I'll send again. Thanks!

woods
02-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Hi Lisa,

Sorry - I missed that - I've taken a look - if you see the attachment here (image below) you'll see that there's some outstanding Javascript errors on your page that I think are breaking Social Gallery (or at least knocking it over.) Your settings for Social Gallery are correct, so it's probably this other plugin which is broken and causing Social Gallery to not load.

If you look at this image it shows you the offending script error (I'm using Chrome and that's the error console.) The plugin that looks to be broken is wp-e-commerce. I should think once you get that fixed Social Gallery will "just work"

Please do let me know once you get that one sorted if Social Gallery doesn't just work.

Hope that helps!

W

lisabrowne
02-22-2013, 09:11 PM
I deactivated the wp e-commerce plugin but it still doesn't work.

lisabrowne
02-22-2013, 09:21 PM
According to Firefox Error Console this is the error:
TypeError: jQuery(...).wExists is not a function

...ent((window.sgp_config.sgp_dfpInline+"").replace(/\+/g,"%20"))+"</div>"}jQuery("...

matthew
02-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi lisabrowne,

Please can you try disabling any plugins you have installed one by one and test to see if Social Gallery is then working?

As woods has mentioned, this is being caused by another plugin which has errors and is conflicting with Social Gallery.

Thanks,

Matthew

woods
03-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Hi lisabrowne,

Please can you try disabling any plugins you have installed one by one and test to see if Social Gallery is then working?

As woods has mentioned, this is being caused by another plugin which has errors and is conflicting with Social Gallery.

Thanks,

Matthew

As Matthew has said, this is likely. Also a word on that "wExists is not a function" <-- this is because Social Gallery declares wExists as a jQuery function at the top of its script, but when a theme or plugin loads ANOTHER copy of jQuery AFTER Social Gallery it effectively reloads jQuery, which means this function is wiped out. When you see this look in your source and find out which plugin is re-referencing its own copy of jQuery (WordPress should have this anyhow, it doesn't need re-referencing and will just cause additional load on the page and break Social Gallery.)

Hope that helps.

Woods

lisabrowne
03-07-2013, 07:50 PM
I just had time to get back to this. I was loading jQuery in my header. I've deleted it and now the social gallery box comes up but there is another box on top of it. Can you take a look at this page and click on one of the images:
http://htxhoops.com/htx/media/
I tried setting it to NexGen Compatibility Mode to see if that fixed it but it didn't. You should still have my login info in your private messages if you want to see if you can fix my settings.

Thanks,
Lisa

matthew
03-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Hi lisabrowne,

I've just taken another look at your site and can see that you are still having some Javascript errors which must be conflicting with the Social Gallery plugin. Please see the screenshot below. This appears to be being caused by possibly 2 plugins - 'stickyFooter' and 'imageFit'.

Please see if you can disable these plugins and test again.

Thanks,

Matthew

lisabrowne
03-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Those aren't plugins they are hard coded js in my theme. However, I've removed them for testing purposes. The same thing is still happening.

matthew
03-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Hi lisabrowne,

It appears that you still have some errors on your site, please see the screenshot below:

This appears to be being caused by 'Pinterest'. Taking a further look in to your code, you have the Pinterest 'iframe' being loaded twice near the bottom of your sites code.

If this is a plugin, please disable it and test. If you are still having problems after this, please come back to us.

Thanks,

Matthew

lisabrowne
03-08-2013, 01:13 AM
I don't think that's it. That iFrame is caused by your plugin. I deactivated Social Gallery and then checked the code using Firebug and the Pinterest iframe was gone. Then I reactivated Social Gallery and turned off Pinterest and load Pinterest javascript and now the iFrame is still gone but that box is still there. For some reason there its repeating all four of your div's twice - sgPluginBg, sgPluginBox, sgPluginLoader, sgDisqusHold.

lisabrowne
03-08-2013, 01:27 AM
Its got to be some sort of conflict with my theme. I changed the theme to twenty eleven and your plugin worked fine. I created by theme based on twenty eleven but just added my own header and footer. Left everything else the same. I've taken out all javascript to test it but it still does the same thing. Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot? I really appreciate your patience in helping me sort this out!

lisabrowne
03-08-2013, 10:33 PM
After much troubleshooting I just rebuilt my theme's header.php from scratch and now it works. Thanks for all your help along the way!

matthew
03-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Glad to hear you managed to resolve this. Thank you for letting us know.

superjumbo
05-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Hi,
I'm having a very similar issue to this where it is conflicting with my theme somehow. Works with twenty eleven (but facebook profile pic doesn't show) but when I switch back to my theme, the comment box won't load at all. In functions.php, it looks to load a bunch of jquery scripts that could possibly be causing a conflict.. (see pic) Could you take a look if you get a moment? Much appreciated.
http://quincy.danceworksdance.com

also, 'Social Gallery Mode' is set to 'All Content Images' and the 'Disclude CSS Selector' has been left blank

mikemayhem3030
05-03-2013, 08:42 AM
Hello

You have another lightbox opening up on this page

http://quincy.danceworksdance.com/house-music-party/

You'll need to disable any of these, if you're still having issues when only social gallery is opening make sure

1.) you have no errors in your website that causes javascript to die (right click, inspect element then click the console any errors will show up here).
2.) disable any other plugins that could be messing with it (i.e. what's jquery cycle?)