PDA

View Full Version : issue with native image gallery - using attachment pages

darkmindz
02-01-2013, 12:36 PM
I have created a gallery page..and added a native gallery with 25 images.. i have checked with all options even on all images option.. but the black screen pops up and loading screen and closing within seconds.. when i re click theimage its redirecting to attachment page.. any solution?

darkmindz
02-01-2013, 12:38 PM
when i install jquery light box for native galleries plugin.. its working fine.. but not with this.. when i used all image options.. its working well with other images.. but not with this social gallery..

woods
02-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Hi Darkmindz,

This is the same problem which 30% of the support tickets here feature - I'll have to make the answer to this one more obvious somewhere. Anyhow: Social Gallery cannot work with attachment pages. You'll need to make your images with links pointing to "Media URL" - the original image URL - because that's what Social Gallery loads into the viewer.

Thanks for stopping by! Please do let me know if you can't get it to work via Media Url's.

rambotom
02-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Hi! I've got the same problem on my page. With inpost native WP gallery the SG is only popping up to load and then fade. If I click on the picture it takes me to the attachment then if I click on the picture the SG works fine. I've seen all the posts and didn't found a good answer how to change the pointing to "media url", except in WP 3.5 I can change it while creating the gallery. Though my settings there are always set to default to Link to media file and still it doesn't work. Are there anywhere else any other settings that I can check or change?
I've tried also with NextGen but there no luck at all. I've changed the setting to NextGen compatible but SG is not popping up. I've changed settings in NG Effects to custom and still no SG at all.
Can you help please?
Link to inpost pictures: tommedia.eu/fotodaar/night-life/no-limits/
Link to NextGen gallery: tommedia.eu/fotodaar/no-limits/

woods
02-18-2013, 05:52 AM
Hi rambottom,

Getting a 404 for your two links there - could you make sure they are up so I can take a look?

There's a current bug in the latest release of WP which is making native galleries ignore the variable which forces them to link to media URL's - so it's likely that is what you are experiencing.

Here's the problem on WordPress.org:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/link-to-media-file-selected-but-linkfile-missing-from-shortcode

... I am sure they'll fix this in 3.5.2

Cheers