PDA

View Full Version : Pinterest Link - Opening Image Page not Image File

katethekiwi
01-29-2013, 12:21 AM
Hi All,
I just tested the pinterest button on social gallery and it works really well except for when I click on the image in pinterest, instead of taking me to the social gallery image as part of the gallery page it takes me to a plain wp-content version of the image. Does anyone know how to set it up so the pinterest button takes the pinterest viewer back to the image as part of the gallery so they can view other pictures in the gallery?
Thank you!
Katie

woods
01-30-2013, 06:44 AM
Hi All,
I just tested the pinterest button on social gallery and it works really well except for when I click on the image in pinterest, instead of taking me to the social gallery image as part of the gallery page it takes me to a plain wp-content version of the image. Does anyone know how to set it up so the pinterest button takes the pinterest viewer back to the image as part of the gallery so they can view other pictures in the gallery?
Thank you!
Katie

Hi Katie,

You'll need to have Social Gallery Pages enabled and working - then when people click your pinterest images it'll take them to a "Social Gallery Page" which will have the image, comment's etc. and a "as seen on post X" link back to the posts this image is housed on.

You can read more about Social Gallery Pages here: http://www.socialgalleryplugin.com/social-gallery-pages/

Hope that helps!