PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility with Simple Facebook Connect

Furlan3
01-24-2013, 04:05 AM
i have a problem: this plugin seems not compatible width Simple Facebook Connect.. do you have a word around?

Furlan3
01-24-2013, 11:12 PM
and another 2 problems with version 2:
1. on image click, the loading don't disappear, and the console write: Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'wExists' socialGalleryPlugin.js:9
(anonymous function) socialGalleryPlugin.js:9
f.event.dispatch jquery-1.7.1.min.js:3
h.handle.i

2. the FULL SCAN falls, and stop with 10 posts, 4 pages left to process.. sobh..

The version 1.4 was great, this version seems have a lot of problems..

PLEASE HELP ME..

woods
01-30-2013, 06:31 AM
i have a problem: this plugin seems not compatible width Simple Facebook Connect.. do you have a word around?

Hi Furlan,

Not sure what you mean "Not compatible" here - there's no clash between Social Gallery and facebook scripts - you may need to disable "Facebook javascript" under the social part of the settings (if you are including Facebook scripts elsewhere in your page) - if that's not your issue please do explain more fully?

1. on image click, the loading don't disappear, and the console write: Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'wExists' socialGalleryPlugin.js:9
(anonymous function) socialGalleryPlugin.js:9
f.event.dispatch jquery-1.7.1.min.js:3
h.handle.i

This error is always because you are including jQuery more than once on a page - it happens because Social Gallery sets itself up after the first instance of your including jQuery and then your page/theme/code re-references jQuery which RELOADS jQuery, resetting the custom functions which Social Gallery had loaded. Please check your source code, find the second instance of jQuery (usually a plugin/theme does this) and remove it, most custom javascript stuff wont work on your blog while it remains.

2. the FULL SCAN falls, and stop with 10 posts, 4 pages left to process.. sobh..

What browser are you using? Are you a full admin? does the bar move and some process? can you upload a screenshot please?

Furlan3
02-08-2013, 11:45 PM
Thanks! i found the Jquery error (reloads) and fixed it..

For the "What browser are you using? Are you a full admin? does the bar move and some process? can you upload a screenshot please?"

- Chrome, but also Safari and Firefox (Mac)
- Yes, superadmin
- the first time the progress stop at one point.. all other time begins and stop in the same place.. not progress at all..

Hi Furlan,

Not sure what you mean "Not compatible" here - there's no clash between Social Gallery and facebook scripts - you may need to disable "Facebook javascript" under the social part of the settings (if you are including Facebook scripts elsewhere in your page) - if that's not your issue please do explain more fully?

This error is always because you are including jQuery more than once on a page - it happens because Social Gallery sets itself up after the first instance of your including jQuery and then your page/theme/code re-references jQuery which RELOADS jQuery, resetting the custom functions which Social Gallery had loaded. Please check your source code, find the second instance of jQuery (usually a plugin/theme does this) and remove it, most custom javascript stuff wont work on your blog while it remains.

What browser are you using? Are you a full admin? does the bar move and some process? can you upload a screenshot please?

woods
02-11-2013, 05:54 PM
- Chrome, but also Safari and Firefox (Mac)
- Yes, superadmin
- the first time the progress stop at one point.. all other time begins and stop in the same place.. not progress at all..

Hi Furlan,

Thanks for posting the information clearly. I think there's some form of post which cloggs up the scanning system. Would you mind PM'ing me your info and then when I can (soon hopefully) take a look I'll dig into what post it is that's causing this to stop.

Cheers

Woody