PDA

View Full Version : Before installing Social Gallery WordPress Plugin V.2.0 update - v1.4 to v2.0

MeliMeloMok
01-22-2013, 10:23 PM
Hello,

I would like to know if installing Social Gallery WordPress Photo Viewer Plugin V.2.0 update will delete all comments or like that already exist with Social Gallery WordPress Photo Viewer Plugin V.1.4?

If any problem occurred with v2.0, could I revert to V1.4? What will be the correct steps to do this?

1. Delete the v2.0 from WP plugin dashboard
2. upload and activate the v1.4

ands
01-22-2013, 10:40 PM
The update won't delete the comments - but as a precaution, we would recommend that you take a backup of your WordPress database before doing it.
If you take a full backup of your database and website - then IF an issue arises, it could be restored.
However, if you do come across an issue with the upgrade to version 2.0, we'll be happy to assist you here on the forums.

:)

MeliMeloMok
01-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Ok, thanks very much for your help.

woods
01-23-2013, 06:19 AM
Hi MeliMeloMok, Others reading this,

Please note that there is caution to be applied here. Moving from v1.4 to v2.0 may make it SEEM like you have lost all of your comments, but that's just the initial setup of v2.0.

This blog post entitled Moving from Social Gallery v1.4 to v2.0 (http://www.socialgalleryplugin.com/moving-from-social-gallery-v1-4-to-version-2-0/) gives you full information! Please make sure you read the "Social Gallery Pages & Fallback URLS" section before upgrading.

(Thanks ands)

Woody

MeliMeloMok
02-18-2013, 07:18 PM
hello,

Update successfully!!!

But It delete all previous comments and facebook like counts from V1.4.

I would like to know if I have an issue:
when sharing to facebook or twitter, plugin shares the whole-page, not each image.
Couldn't it share just an image?

(my images are uploaded with NextGen Gallery from ftp)

Thanks for your help.

PD. full screen looks beautiful! :D

woods
02-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Hi MeliMeloMok,

That sharing issue is a bug in v2.0 and will be fixed in the soon to be released v2.1, sorry about htat!

Thanks for your comment - I'll put that on our customer quotes if I may?

http://www.socialgalleryplugin.com/social-gallery-user-reviews-feedback/

Cheers