PDA

View Full Version : Light-box hangs - and css exclusion for logo is weird

SweetXposure
01-20-2013, 09:51 PM
Great new product! We greatly appreciate the work and effort it takes to make this awesome light-box, thank you!!

I am running Wordpress v 3.5

Here's the list of plugins which I've already deactivated then uninstalled for testing Social Gallery with no change occurring.

Additional Image Sizes (zui) Version 0.1.7
Akismet Version 2.5.7
File Gallery Version 1.7.7
Google Analytics for WordPress Version 4.2.8
Jetpack Version 2.1.1
Meebo Bar Version 1.1
SEO Facebook Comments Version 1.4.5.1
SEO Ultimate Version 7.6.1
Social Gallery - Premium WordPress Social Lightbox [Pro] Version 2.0 | By StormGate | Visit plugin site
Stipple Version 0.5.0
Ultimate Coming Soon Page Version 1.6.0

There are two issues we're having currently:

When people click the logo while in POST view people are getting a lightbox that shows it's loading, then it promptly goes away. Then people can click the logo to go back to the home page, as it should behave. This shouldn't be happening since the image shows the proper CSS class. Example page: http://sweetxposure.com/photographic-head-shot-give-away/
If I click on a single image, or reach the end/start of a gallery instead of the light-box going back to the beginning or the end of the gallery the light box just hangs. example page: http://sweetxposure.com/shooting-zombies/

Is there anything I need to do on my end? Is there a fix for this coming up?

Thank you,
Alex
SweetXposure.com

woods
01-21-2013, 07:42 AM
Hi Alex,

1) Thanks for the pleasant comment! Can I quote you on that? :rolleyes: 2) Thanks for taking the time to write a full and useful description of your problem.

Here's some input:

With regards your issue 1) - I can't see that you are using a deselector/class for your logo? What will probably work is putting

#logo-area a:has(img)

... in your "Deselector CSS" box in settings - or otherwise adding "noSocialGallery" class to the link around the logo. (Or writing a new "Specific CSS selector" rather than using the all-images setting.)

I believe issue 2) is simply fallout from this first issue - probably fixing that will fix this.

Any more questions/issues please do let me know, and do reply here to let us know how you get on :)

Cheers

Woody

jaabie
05-01-2013, 10:52 AM
I have the same issue I tried to add #logo-area a:has(img) however the problem remains (I cleared caches ect) is this code just for sweetexposure or is there any code I can try to remove my logo from the light box. (maybe a nice feature to have on a check box for future versions)

Loving the plugin so far.

http://shutterLIVING.com

mikemayhem3030
05-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Hi

You'll need to look at the <div> hat your logo is held in, in the example above... it will be something like

<div id = "logo-area">
//logo sits in here
</div>

Right click (using chrome) the logo and inspect element, it will then show you the HTML and you'll be able to see the class or ID of the container where the logo is.

If it doesn't have one, add one to your theme header.php

For IDs you use # and for classes you use .

So if you have

<div class = 'logo'>

</div>

you'd put .logo a:has(img)

jaabie
05-06-2013, 12:39 PM
OK, I fee a bit of a dick, but can you break it down a little further for me, I got as far as the inspect element part and then I was lost!

Any chance you could talk to me like a 6 year old on this one, sorry I'm learning!

Jamie

mikemayhem3030
05-06-2013, 03:31 PM
goo goo gaa gaa gooo?

I've had a look at your site, go to settings, choose CSS selector as the option.

Then put

.post a:has(img)

and it should work well

jaabie
05-06-2013, 09:00 PM
LEGEND! worked a charm ! I thank you sir.

mikemayhem3030
05-07-2013, 01:58 PM
you're welcome