PDA

View Full Version : What "Addon" would you like to see?

woods
01-14-2013, 01:18 PM
I'll be releasing a full list of feature requests for you all to vote on later today for the next release - but before I do - I would like to ask you all - what "addon" would you like to see.

I'm going to be developing 3 modular addon's for Social Gallery for you guys as you've all asked me lots of times for them and they are bigger than a single feature:

Social Gallery Social Statistics
Social Gallery Mobile Version
??? You Decide

... that's right - the third addon "module" is still undecided - So if you could let me know what you would like to add on to Social Gallery then you might just get it!

Addon's will be a small additional fee because they will require substantial development - so please do let me know what you'd LOVE to work with Social Gallery!

Some idea's people have suggested:

Descriptions Mutator (add buttons and unique text to each description through your html or image library)
Gallery Likes.com Integration (automatically share your best ranking images to bring traffic from Gallery Likes)
Widget Pack

P.S. Separate to this I may or may not develop a jQuery version of Social Gallery - but this will be a separate version. There will also be an increment update for the full Social Gallery soon to tweak v2.0 a little.

PLEASE DO SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS!

evelryu
01-17-2013, 10:07 AM
A mobile version compatible with wp-touch would be great. :D

woods
01-17-2013, 12:44 PM
:D Thanks for posting evelryu

For sure a mobile solution is coming!

bartgatsby
01-23-2013, 04:49 PM
2013 is the year of responsive web design

Make Social Gallery responsive to tablet pc and mobile

:cool: Social Gallery Mobile Version

woods
01-24-2013, 09:12 AM
2013 is the year of responsive web design

Make Social Gallery responsive to tablet pc and mobile

:cool: Social Gallery Mobile Version

Social Gallery mobile is DEFINITELY on the cards!... it's coming!

joe8104
01-26-2013, 11:56 AM
A mobile version compatible with wp-touch would be great.

Yes, this will be great indeed.

woods
01-29-2013, 06:12 PM
Yes, this will be great indeed.

Thanks for giving input! I'll see what I can do ;)

bentleykf
02-14-2013, 05:47 PM
I would like to ask you all - what "addon" would you like to see.

Hi Woods,

I'm curious, will it be possible for us to write our own addon to Social Gallery after the release of v2.1? I'm asking because I'd love to write an e-commerce addon to social gallery that's more focussed on sales than comments. What are your thoughts?

-niall

woods
02-18-2013, 04:48 AM
Hi Woods,

I'm curious, will it be possible for us to write our own addon to Social Gallery after the release of v2.1? I'm asking because I'd love to write an e-commerce addon to social gallery that's more focussed on sales than comments. What are your thoughts?

-niall

Hi Niall,

Thanks for dropping by. I did not have that planned for v2.1 - I hadn't realised people would want to write their own, though that's a very cool idea. I don't think I'll be able to fit that in to v2.1 now because I need to get the update rolled out to fix a few bits quickly, but I'll certainly consider that for another release, I love the idea of making it extendible for you all.

Cheers for sharing!

jackryan2013
02-18-2013, 08:21 AM
Social Gallery mobile is DEFINITELY on the cards!... it's coming!

All I ask is that one can zoom in and out on the images when using with a mobile phone :)

woods
02-20-2013, 12:43 PM
All I ask is that one can zoom in and out on the images when using with a mobile phone :)

Hope to get that in there Joe!

Thanks for pre-ordering the donator pack also :D

mayurj
03-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Request 1: I would love to have comments, likes, tweets link to the specific image in my lightbox so that users could continue the conversation. I'm currently using Justified Image Grid, and the Next Gen Gallery plugins.
Request 2: Having the Facebook comment also show a thumbnail or small version of the original image. Currently, it seems the comment only has a text link to a page on my site.

woods
03-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Request 1: I would love to have comments, likes, tweets link to the specific image in my lightbox so that users could continue the conversation. I'm currently using Justified Image Grid, and the Next Gen Gallery plugins.
Request 2: Having the Facebook comment also show a thumbnail or small version of the original image. Currently, it seems the comment only has a text link to a page on my site.

Hi mayurj,

re: Request 1) You can currently see comments? That's the idea of Social Gallery.

re: Request 2) This is also part of Social Gallery. Provided you have "Social Gallery Pages" enabled and you don't have any other plugin clashing with Social Gallery's OG:Meta (within its template) this should work :)