PDA

View Full Version : Justified Image Grid: More Pictures via AJAX not working

captusimago
01-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Hi,

I've got a basic test WP running with Social Gallery and Justified Image Grid and Social Gallery works on my desktop but as soon as I use the 'more' functionality of Justified Image Grid, Social Gallery doesn's show anymore. It only shows fot the images initially shown on the page. Not the images which are shown when 'more' is clicked.

What do I mean?

1: Go to see.captusimago.com/evenement/

2: Click on a pic

3: Close Social Gallery

4: Click on "meer foto's laden" under the pics overview

5: Click on one of the pcs newly added after clicking "meer foto's laden"

oops, Social Gallery doesn't show as you can see. Seems like a tiny bug to me either in Social Gallery or Justified Image Grid but they claim to support each other so please communicate with each other and fix this :)

Sincerely,

Patrick

Speed
01-10-2013, 08:45 PM
thanks m8....if u dont make this post i'll not see this problem...got the same issue!

captusimago
01-11-2013, 07:39 AM
I got this tip as a reply to this thread in my e-mail....

try Update Engine function....do both, quick and full scan...let me know

And that doesn't do the trick. Still the same problem.

So, please:) Come and take a look and fix it :)

Speed
01-11-2013, 09:28 AM
yes i wrote it and deleted after.....i have this problem, but i think is a problem with our template style.....need someone that help us to fix in some way :(

captusimago
01-15-2013, 08:13 AM
The default WP themes Twenty Ten, Eleven and Twelve have the same issue described so it seems like a bug in Justified Image Grid combined with Social Gallery. Please fix or respond dev;)

woods
01-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your problems with good amount of detail :)

I can't see the issue your explaining on your original URL any-more but I can guess what's happening from your description.

I bet your using AJAX loader functionality? If so this isn't managed by Social Gallery yet as it's a technical challenge that wasn't realised before V2.0 - Social Gallery Pages are built to deal with pre-templated pages and over complex after-page loading will need additional functionality to be built. If this is a Justified Image Grid function could you guys tell me which setting it is your using which gives you the AJAX loading? I know the creator of Justified Image Grid and I will happily fix in proper support where is possible.

The problem effectively comes because the AJAX is loading more images but not re-applying Social Gallery to them, so Social Gallery isn't aware of them (as it loaded before they were added.)

Cheers

Woody

captusimago
01-16-2013, 01:57 PM
I disabled the 'load more' functionality in 'justified image grid' because I disliked the inconsistency more that en varying amount of images initially shown on a page;)

I haven't got a clue wether or not I'm using AJAX loader functionality:) I use Wordpress, latest release with Justified Image Grid and Fanwood as my theme but Twenty Ten, Eleven and Twelve have the same problem.

Both Justified Image Grid and Social Gallery claim to support each other so that makes me assume that if one uses AJAX that it can be disabled (how?) or it is supported by the other. Right?;)

Or am I missing something?

woods
01-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Hi captusimago,

The "Load More" functionality is AJAX loading :) so disabling that should solve it!

I'll add support for this ASAP for the other users who want to use it!

Are you all set up and happy now? Can I help with anything else?

Cheers

Woody

captusimago
01-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Hi Woody,

that makes sense:) It sounds great that you'll be adding support asap. Thx for the reply and if you can take a look at making Social Gallery mobile friendly that would rock too;) as it looks rather non functional on my iPhone 5 right now:( And disabling it just for mobile devices doesn't seem to be possible? That'd be a nice intermediate solution.

Grtz,

Patrick

woods
01-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Hi Patrick,

Ah it's you - didn't get that from the username ;)

Thanks for getting back to me - no worries I'll add it ASAP - mobile too (though it will be as an addon because I want to make it kick ass!)

With regards mobile - you can see there's some unhappy customers here (http://forum.socialgalleryplugin.com/showthread.php/40-Social-Gallery-amp-Mobiles), but as I told them - It'd be difficult to offer both a kick ass desktop and a kick ass mobile experience in such a development time and for only a little return. I will add it though and I think it'll be really cool when I do!

Next update will also make it possible to disable for different mobiles & devices, watch this space!

Woody

captusimago
01-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Yah it's me:)

Sounds good and I have no problem with mobile being an add on. I'll be patient and thanks for the info:)

Grtz,

Patrick

woods
01-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Your awesome - Thanks Patrick!

captusimago
05-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Any idea when 'load' more is going to work as it should yet?

mikemayhem3030
05-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Hi

If it's still not working in v2.2 (this is an old thread so not sure what version of the plugin you're running), then it will be picked up and worked on as part of v3.0

This won't be until much later in the year though - so not any time soon

booment
06-18-2013, 01:12 AM
Hi

If it's still not working in v2.2 (this is an old thread so not sure what version of the plugin you're running), then it will be picked up and worked on as part of v3.0

This won't be until much later in the year though - so not any time soon

I am having the same issue with 2.2 and Load More as well as Infinite Scroll. The only solution is to disable it which then forces to load the full gallery which slows down the entire site. Is there another solution I'm missing?

mikemayhem3030
06-18-2013, 11:25 AM
Hi not yet, but we have some news on the horizon about Social Gallery, which should be a step to getting things like this better dealt with.

booment
09-23-2013, 12:55 AM
Any Update??? Im going to have to abandon Social Gallery because of this issue. Most of my galleries are 200+ photos & its not practical to have to load all photos before they can be viewed as it slows down the site.

mikemayhem3030
09-23-2013, 08:59 AM
Hi booment

We do have an update, and the update is "it's coming in v3.0" which we are working hard on :) definitely don't abandon Social Gallery. One thing I've noticed in my testing is that if you navigate through the gallery with left + right the loaded in images do actually load in the lightbox, just not when you click on them as the first image (give it a go).

The technical issue mentioned by woods is the ability to grab the social gallery page URL (if you're using fallback image URL it will just grab that) so it leaves a couple of issues with varying difficulty

1.) letting social gallery know there's new images on the page that it needs to open in a lightbox when they're clicked (it will navigate through them fine if you try) this should be a straightforward "re-binding" of the image elements to the social gallery "on click" event (EASIER)
2.) letting social gallery know what the social gallery page is for the image that's loaded in (HARD) as it needs to check the SG library for the images and update the sgi var[] which holds all the image meta for Facebook and the lightbox

Hope this helps, please do stick with us we are working hard on this :D

Mike

marconyf
01-22-2014, 01:46 PM
Hi,

I've got a basic test WP running with Social Gallery and Justified Image Grid and Social Gallery works on my desktop but as soon as I use the 'more' functionality of Justified Image Grid, Social Gallery doesn's show anymore. It only shows fot the images initially shown on the page. Not the images which are shown when 'more' is clicked.

What do I mean?

1: Go to see.captusimago.com/evenement/

2: Click on a pic

3: Close Social Gallery

4: Click on "meer foto's laden" under the pics overview

5: Click on one of the pcs newly added after clicking "meer foto's laden"

oops, Social Gallery doesn't show as you can see. Seems like a tiny bug to me either in Social Gallery or Justified Image Grid but they claim to support each other so please communicate with each other and fix this :)

Sincerely,

Patrick

I'm looking for a solution to this for a long time. I'm nervous for not working. I think to leave the Social Gallery for this. Version 3.0 had the same problem.

I saw you got here. How has it worked?

Thanks!

mikemayhem3030
01-25-2014, 06:50 AM
Hi

The load more works now

Cheers

marconyf
01-25-2014, 05:08 PM
Hi

The load more works now

Cheers

Awesssssssssomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I will test. Thanks a lot!!!

mikemayhem3030
01-26-2014, 09:19 AM
No worries - cheers