PDA

View Full Version : Post to Twitter Only Shows Gallery Page URL

curtisoden
01-10-2013, 06:11 PM
I want to post the URL for the image page to Twitter, but instead, the Social Gallery Twitter button posts the URL and Page Name of the containing Page, not the image file page with the image name. The Pinterest and StumbleUpon buttons seem to work correctly.

Here is the gallery:

brakeobama.com/the-ultimate-obama-meme-collection/

woods
01-16-2013, 02:09 PM
Hi curtisoden,

Thanks for taking the time to post here.

Could I ask - what setting do you have "Fallback URL" on (first page of settings) and do you have "Social Gallery Pages" enabled (also first page) - these two dictate what URL's your like's/comments will get attached too.

I am sure we can get this sorted for you.

Cheers

Woody

Deepabysm
01-20-2013, 11:18 PM
I'm having pretty much the same problem. I set "Image URL" as Fallback URL Type and "Social Gallery Pages" are on as well. When i want to tweet an image, it turns out that i tweet the whole gallery instead. This does also apply on the Social Gallery Exmaples found here: http://www.socialgalleryplugin.com/social-gallery-examples/

For example, if i want to tweet the first image, a tweet like this is generated: "Social Gallery Examples | Social Gallery Plugin http://www.socialgalleryplugin.com/social-gallery-examples/ via @SocialGalleryWP" (by the way, is there a possibility to exclude the via @SocialGalleryWP thing? I mean, we bought a license :P ).

Also, the tumblr post thingy is totally broken. Just sayin.
Or maybe I have misconfigured something? If yes, I don't seem to be the only one, though (see http://www.socialgalleryplugin.com/social-gallery-examples/ again).

Best Regards,
Ben

// Edit: Just checked if Google+ shares the actual image. Sadly, it does not. It also just shares the gallery. I hope this will be fixed (if this is a bug, which i strongly assume).

woods
01-21-2013, 08:46 AM
Hi deepabysm,

First up the @SocialGalleryWP is something I missed off the list to remove in v2.0 (It was 50+ updates, sorry! lol.) but it'll be changable in v2.1 (soon.)

Secondly - your right, there's definitely a little bug there with that tweet button. I think I know what as well.

With regards Tumblr, have you tried it once your logged in? Again it's using their share code so that shouldn't play up.

I think your right here, it's a small bug somewhere (as this isn't happening in most places - on sgp.com for example.) - I'll make sure I fix this one for v2.1, which will be soon.

Thanks as ever for taking the time to share your issue in good detail, I do appreciate it!

Cheers

Woody

Deepabysm
01-21-2013, 04:36 PM
With regards Tumblr, have you tried it once your logged in? Again it's using their share code so that shouldn't play up.

I did, of course!

Thanks as ever for taking the time to share your issue in good detail, I do appreciate it!

You're welcome. Thanks for the fast answer, too! I will now wait for the 2.1 patch :)

woods
01-23-2013, 06:29 AM
Deepabysm,

Great - thanks for your patience! It'll be out ASAP.

Woody

jcalderone
01-31-2013, 07:08 PM
Just to clarify:

A - There's no way to remove the "via @SocialGalleryWP" text that the tweet pre-populates (is there a way to customize the other text in the pre-populated tweet?)
B - There's no way to set it so the tweet sends the URL to the photo specifically and not the gallery. (Also, the Facebook "like" button counts the gallery and not photo-specific numbers; can we change that somehow?)

Looking forward to the update so we can have control over the above!

Thanks for a great plugin!

woods
02-06-2013, 06:49 AM
A - There's no way to remove the "via @SocialGalleryWP" text that the tweet pre-populates (is there a way to customize the other text in the pre-populated tweet?)

This is now an option in the v2.1 update (soon)

B - There's no way to set it so the tweet sends the URL to the photo specifically and not the gallery. (Also, the Facebook "like" button counts the gallery and not photo-specific numbers; can we change that somehow?)

Just to be clear - this is a bug your talking about but for lots of people it may also be that they haven't properly set up Social Gallery Pages or a fallback url (http://www.socialgalleryplugin.com/social-gallery-pages/). If you are reading this separately later please realise that this can be a setting issue and is not necessarily a bug.

I'm looking forward to getting the update out too! :)

Cheers jcalderone