PDA

View Full Version : Social Gallery v3.0: Bugs Fixes and Feature Requests

mikemayhem3030
09-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Hi all,

We are working hard on v3.0 of the Social Gallery Plugin and are now at a point where we would like to reach out to our users to gather further feedback around what their pains are with v3.0.

Currently our development list contains a few major headaches experienced through dealing with support as well as some features as a sneak peek which we are adding

MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS PLANNED

Improvement of the Quick Scan and Full Scan
Compatibility with NextGen 2.0+
Smarter recognition of AJAX (load more) for JIG

SNEAK PEAK AT SOME NEW FEATURES

Social Stats overlay on top of images (optional)
Google Analytics tracking of image views
SocialSmart - the smarter way to display images

What else would you like to see on this list? As for "more social sharing options" we feel that currently the social sharing (facebook, twitter etc) are sufficient and too many of these sharing icons will clutter the display too much.

Please provide your feedback on this thread!

Thanks and we look forward to bringing you an improved kick ass v3.0

GRIFFE
09-23-2013, 02:17 PM
It's very intresting the callback url function with hash index, that when i click on like button, my recent activities shows the hash index url.
In this version of social gallery it's not work properly.
And implementation for mobile with social button and comment box.

Thanks and excuse me for my english.

mikemayhem3030
09-23-2013, 02:24 PM
Fallback URL as hash index? It will show the hash index url if you're not run a scan.

Mobile does have social button and comment boxes but you'll need the mobile add on for that, this won't change as part of v3.0 it will still need the mobile add on to function with mobiles.

GRIFFE
09-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Repeat, great work, but hash index fallback url not work.

mikemayhem3030
09-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Please post up a thread in the support forum with a link as an example and I'll take a look.

doogy2223
09-23-2013, 02:59 PM
I use this on my contest voting sites... I use next gen front end uploader to allow people to upload images to my galley but social gallery doesnt catch all these images...

Hi all,

We are working hard on v3.0 of the Social Gallery Plugin and are now at a point where we would like to reach out to our users to gather further feedback around what their pains are with v3.0.

Currently our development list contains a few major headaches experienced through dealing with support as well as some features as a sneak peek which we are adding

MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS PLANNED

Improvement of the Quick Scan and Full Scan
Compatibility with NextGen 2.0+
Smarter recognition of AJAX (load more) for JIG

SNEAK PEAK AT SOME NEW FEATURES

Social Stats overlay on top of images (optional)
Google Analytics tracking of image views
SocialSmart - the smarter way to display images

What else would you like to see on this list? As for "more social sharing options" we feel that currently the social sharing (facebook, twitter etc) are sufficient and too many of these sharing icons will clutter the display too much.

Please provide your feedback on this thread!

Thanks and we look forward to bringing you an improved kick ass v3.0

Andrep
09-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Tagging people on photos (like it can be done on facebook) would be a great feature, if that is possible.
Thanks for asking

jaabie
09-23-2013, 03:09 PM
I would very much like the ability to customise the page that Facebook links to.

I understand you can do this via code however I would like an easy way of doing this for non techie people.

AnotherOpus
09-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Hi all,

What else would you like to see...?

Hello,

Thank you for asking! Inconceivable!

As a recent user I found two things I'd love to see:

1. Library Builder

Give users the OPTION of using OR skipping the library builder. I installed it on a live site and a test site and in both cases it froze during the initial build and cannot be remedied.

2. Image/Logo

When an image is clicked and the Social Gallery modal starts to work the magic there is a mini-thumbnail at the top left next to the name.

Give users an on/off switch for that image, and/or give users the ability to select an image from the WordPress Media Library (or upload).

THANK YOU for asking.

Chris

mikemayhem3030
09-23-2013, 05:28 PM
@Chris, this image header can be added from the media library, it's under settings and then style, then social header image, noted about the skip function for the library updater that's already in.

infoBAR
09-23-2013, 08:17 PM
1. Facebook Share (Now is only Fb Like)
2. To put Own Ads 300x250 instead of Fb comments
3. If Like/Share hash pic , need to be that Fb on Fb wall/page
example for 3:
If you share this pic (http://www.ibar.ba/cheers-pub-21-09-2013/#sg36) on Fb Page/Fb wall will not see that pic. Will see only featured pic.

infoBAR
09-23-2013, 08:19 PM
4. To have possibility to include option: LIKE my FB Page

infoBAR
09-23-2013, 08:25 PM
5. Improve loading speed

tommyschultz
09-24-2013, 05:16 AM
Very excited about the new release--especially the integration with NextGen 2.0+

Here's the fixes I'd like to see:

1. Turn off automatic image upscaling to 120% and fix the scaling option so that changes made in the Admin panel are actually applied to the images. I'm a professional photographer and my images are optimized for the dimensions that I upload them at. Seeing them get less sharp and pixelated because of upscaling by 20% has been a problem for me.

2. Allow commenting on individual images. Currently, when a user comments on one photo within the gallery, that comment and 'likes' applied to it are applied to ALL images in that gallery. Can't the comment / likes be applied to just the individual image? Here's an example: http://tommyschultz.com/blog/uluwatu-surf-trip-bali/

3. Include the option to remove the FB Social Plugin Gallery link on the gallery images. I'm happy to promote you all, but I don't like having it forced on me when I paid for a premium plugin.

4. Allow the option for the full-sized image to be indexed by Google. As it is now, it seems that the file path is not linked, I would like the images in my galleries to be crawled and indexed. Ideally the social gallery would generate individual 'pages' for each image that would be optimized for SEO with the image title and caption.

5. Clean up the social panel to the right of the images. As it is now, the social media icons appear jumbled and not together and for some reason the 'like' button is appearing behind the comment box on my images.

6. Include the option for the image title to be included above the caption info on each image.

7. I often see the error: Warning: http://tommyschultz.com/blog/social-gallery/sunrise-photos-of-a-boat-trip-from-kuta-beach-to-uluwatu-with-seven-surfer-girls-from-all-over-the-world-to-share-some-of-the-bukitand039s-best-waves-not-a-bad-way-to-start-off-the-day-1 is unreachable. How to fix that? Here's an example: http://tommyschultz.com/blog/surfer-girls-bali-boat-trip/

That's all I have for now, looking forward to the new release!

mikemayhem3030
09-24-2013, 08:04 AM
If you share this pic (http://www.ibar.ba/cheers-pub-21-09-2013/#sg36) on Fb Page/Fb wall will not see that pic. Will see only featured pic.

That's a downside of the hash index I'm afraid and was the main problem with v1.4. using a hash index is like telling facebook to like part of a page, Facebook don't support og:meta tags for parts of a page, you only have one set of og:meta (or in a lot of cases none) so when you like the image, facebook scrapes the URL for any og:meta if it doesn't see any it takes the first image it finds

I'll think about this and see if there's anything fancy I can do to workaround this, but it's a Facebook drawback and the reason why we created the social gallery pages.

mikemayhem3030
09-24-2013, 08:49 AM
@tommy, most of what you mention is an issue with your setup and they all work in v2.3, here's some more comments:-

2. Allow commenting on individual images. Currently, when a user comments on one photo within the gallery, that comment and 'likes' applied to it are applied to ALL images in that gallery. Can't the comment / likes be applied to just the individual image? Here's an example: http://tommyschultz.com/blog/uluwatu-surf-trip-bali/
This is dealt with through using Social Gallery pages - please use Social Gallery Pages

3. Include the option to remove the FB Social Plugin Gallery link on the gallery images. I'm happy to promote you all, but I don't like having it forced on me when I paid for a premium plugin.
Under the comments? This is Facebook's branding not ours and is on their code so it's something we have to live with - you may be able to hack it out with CSS though

4. Allow the option for the full-sized image to be indexed by Google. As it is now, it seems that the file path is not linked, I would like the images in my galleries to be crawled and indexed. Ideally the social gallery would generate individual 'pages' for each image that would be optimized for SEO with the image title and caption.
Again this is Social Gallery Pages: There's an option for this in the settings - the default is they are indexed

5. Clean up the social panel to the right of the images. As it is now, the social media icons appear jumbled and not together and for some reason the 'like' button is appearing behind the comment box on my images.
Are they jumbled on the main site, no - therefore this is something funny with your theme setup which you'll need to fix

6. Include the option for the image title to be included above the caption info on each image. I can think about this, would it link to the SG page ideally?

7. I often see the error: Warning: http://tommyschultz.com/blog/social-...-off-the-day-1 is unreachable. How to fix that? Here's an example: http://tommyschultz.com/blog/surfer-...ali-boat-trip/ That's Facebook saying it cannot see the URL so is either a permalink issue or something else

mikemayhem3030
09-24-2013, 09:01 AM
Also 1.) should be fixed as per v2.3

infoBAR
09-24-2013, 09:53 AM
I'll think about this and see if there's anything fancy I can do to workaround this, but it's a Facebook drawback and the reason why we created the social gallery pages.

Take a look:
http://www.klix.ba/nightlife/sarajevo/2013/09/21/sloga/1929/6518

Maybe you can do similar for Social gallery pages or take some idea.

mikemayhem3030
09-24-2013, 09:55 AM
What exactly am I looking at on that link?

GRIFFE
09-24-2013, 09:56 AM
Take a look:
http://www.klix.ba/nightlife/sarajevo/2013/09/21/sloga/1929/6518

Maybe you can do similar for Social gallery pages or take some idea.

Yeah ! Awesome !

mikemayhem3030
09-24-2013, 10:00 AM
Do you mean a slider with a like button?

GRIFFE
09-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Yes, the social pages in a slider with social button.

infoBAR
09-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Do you mean a slider with a like button?

Yes, Griffe wrote allready. Social pages in a slider with social button.
Of course, we need Fb Share aswell and other social buttons :)

mikemayhem3030
09-24-2013, 04:22 PM
And, presumably comments?

infoBAR
09-24-2013, 06:08 PM
And, presumably comments?

Yep ;)
I beleave you are going to give best from yourself

websitedude1
09-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Hey Mike

The Plugin is already awesome - but if you insist :o)

for me, a more aesthetic Social Gallery page with better control over any theme settings as for me this page dont look that great. As with one of the other commenters above - I'd like a really easy set of options to control it.

mikemayhem3030
09-24-2013, 10:26 PM
The Social Pages run from a template and it's pretty much impossible to make it look good on every single custom theme out there... for anyone who would like a sneak peek...

I wonder what will be on the welcome page ;)

http://i.imgur.com/uZqjBhC.png

Thoughts / Questions / Musings / Gifts welcome

lisanmachado
09-25-2013, 02:37 AM
Fix problem images load too slow. In Facebook plattform, images are pre loading while see other photo.

GRIFFE
09-25-2013, 06:59 AM
The Social Pages run from a template and it's pretty much impossible to make it look good on every single custom theme out there... for anyone who would like a sneak peek...

I wonder what will be on the welcome page ;)

http://i.imgur.com/uZqjBhC.png

Thoughts / Questions / Musings / Gifts welcome

Release Dates ?

mikemayhem3030
09-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Hi, we haven't set a release date. It's scary how much work is involved in the update, if I can pull of a few tricks you may well be in for a treat

Cryptic, no?

joe8104
09-28-2013, 02:08 AM
Hi there,
I am pretty much satisfied with this plugin and in combination with mobile add on it is great. What I would like to recommend is this:
1. When we browse a gallery, it will be great if the gallery name is shown in top right corner, where site logo is at the moment. Gallery thumb and gallery name. And of course this have to be pulled automatically :)
2. Some speed improvements, if possible.
3. Recently I`ve bought CG Social Stats, but it is not working. I will be very grateful if you check this add-on, and eventually include it as part of Social Gallery main plugin, because it is very useful. I have to browse every gallery image to see if there are some comments. I know it is a beta, you want to sell it as a separate add-on etc., but please at least make it work.
Regards.

mikemayhem3030
09-28-2013, 09:16 AM
Hi Joe

What issues are you having with stats? it works fine for me I use it on a few sites (production not test)

joe8104
09-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Hi Joe

What issues are you having with stats? it works fine for me I use it on a few sites (production not test)

Hi,
Maybe
I should open some new threat, but when Social stats is installed i get this message: The Social Gallery Addon "Social Stats" cannot run without an active, up-to-date copy of Social Gallery (at least v2.0!) Please update your Social Gallery!
And I have SG 2.2 installed. And I get some other error messages in the frontend of my site like: Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'sgp66_93' not found or invalid function name in /home/***/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 173
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/***/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp.php on line 254
Thanks.

mikemayhem3030
09-29-2013, 12:37 AM
Hi

Please update to v2.3 of the plugin and also update your social stats plugin (re-download from the link here). They should work then. Make sure you disable the addons before the main plugin though or it does very bad things and you'll have to delete via FTP if you don't

iBuyThemes
09-30-2013, 01:27 PM
1) Auto-Load function as we discussed... but loads instantly and "og" properties are still recognized.

2) Make it so the share buttons stay grouped together even if some of them are deactivated. Right now deactivating leaves gaps and looks messy. It seems the buttons are stuck in place-holder positions.

3) Again, to make things look more orderly, please line up all the social buttons along their left edges.
Like this: http://d.pr/i/F9dl

4) Add a FB Share button!

5) A simple way to customize SocialGallery's header's title and URL.

mikemayhem3030
10-01-2013, 09:32 AM
1.) as discussed, it does load instantly but the link has to load your site page it can't just load the lightbox without the page, og:meta are page specific so as long as your linked page has the meta on FB should see them - note SG pages have these by default, but your normal blog pages may not

2.) They're set with CSS to look the best they can, if you only run a select few you may need to tinker with the CSS

3.) Please check the demo site for alignment - your theme may knock them off so you will need a manual filler to make them fit your theme

4.) That's already added :)

5.) This depends what exactly you mean - if you want a variable header title and link then it needs something custom. The current options are sufficient here I feel

joe8104
10-02-2013, 11:21 AM
Hi,
I am with Social Gallery 2.3 now, but this time SG Mobile is not working. I get this: The Social Gallery Addon "Mobile" cannot run without an active, up-to-date copy of Social Gallery (at least v2.0!) Please update your Social Gallery!
Can something be done, to make it work?
Thanks.

mikemayhem3030
10-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Hi - download the latest mobile add on from your purchase link

pijamoz
10-09-2013, 04:21 PM
I know it would be a hard work and a long time to update V3.0 ;)
But could you give us V3.0 "beta" that already have FB Share button?
Because we can't wait :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mikemayhem3030
10-10-2013, 09:14 AM
Hi

I'm afraid not, we treat all our customers fairly and only in exceptional circumstances (such as paid site development) we will use v3.0 beta as there's currently still areas to develop and allowing a beta version to anyone who asks would increase the support requirement, it's it part of client work we are closer to the project to be able to work with these issues (and remunerated for it)

It's like giving you an albumn where only half the song has been sung, you'll ask "what's the second part of the song" .. it's not too much longer to wait though :)

Cheers

infoBAR
10-13-2013, 10:20 AM
Hi,
I tried to download last mobile plugin and got this msg:

The secure download manager ran into a problem that it couldn’t handle, and is unable to process your download request.

The problem was due to the following reason:
The download link (see browser address bar) has expired (it’s too old). If you think this reason is in error, please contact the site administrator.

mikemayhem3030
10-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Hi

When did you purchase the add on? was it more than 90 days ago?

infoBAR
10-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Hi

When did you purchase the add on? was it more than 90 days ago?

Hi, in that case I need to pay every time 10$ if update is over 90 days!?