PDA

View Full Version : 'Social' Gallery? No Facebook share?

tomdaams
05-31-2013, 07:51 PM
Title says it all? I just realized, there is not one way to implement a Facebook share button? Im not talking about editing the files, im talking about the flip of switch!!!
I totally would expect at least that for this price lol, please correct me because im wrong...

mikemayhem3030
05-31-2013, 10:09 PM
You are indeed "wrong" have a read of this: http://mashable.com/2011/02/27/facebook-like-button-takes-over-share-button-functionality/

tomdaams
05-31-2013, 10:19 PM
But sometimes users, who have already liked my work, want or need to share it to their social communities as an act of support. You know? And with the social gallery plugin they cant share, if wanted, an image because of the permalink?
You understand my point right? For this case is what I would need this..

tomdaams
05-31-2013, 10:23 PM
btw, you know of a possibility to have icons over my gallery thumbnail where it displays a number of likes and comments?

for now my gallery on www.tomdaams.com is registering one like on all media in the gallery. There is a solution for this, but i couldnt find it written clearly on the forums...

Maybe its because of my lack of sleep and patience ;{P (omg i just 'invented' a new smiley,or at least discovered it to be new for myself! It's a 'wink-eye-moustache-tongue smiley'!!! And it looks just like me, haha! :{D

mikemayhem3030
05-31-2013, 10:46 PM
But the "like" button replaces the share button, they do the same thing so if they've liked your image, sharing it wouldn't do anything different...

Get some sleep :) the single like across all images, means you're either using Page URL or hashtag.. use Social Gallery pages and Image URL as fallback.

M

tomdaams
05-31-2013, 11:09 PM
Thank you Mike!
But Social Gallery Plugin uses Social Gallery Pages automaticly right? So just switch zhe fallback to image URL, right? That's the thing that confused me earlier. When someone says 'use' social gallery pages, how?

Yeah I'm gonna get too sleep in a bit really want to get this site the way I like. Thanks for your advice, really nice :) Will just fix this thing and a thumbnail size conflict and i'll induce coma :)

Cheers man!

tomdaams
05-31-2013, 11:17 PM
To 'Share' is all about frequency. Something people could do over again if they wanted it like after an update or a photograph they just want to keep sharing.

Just like the Social Gallery plugin' main page there is also a call for sharing! It can make a difference as to promotion:

tomdaams
05-31-2013, 11:21 PM
On the Social Gallery Plugin homepage i also find:

So there is need for such a button imho as to frequency/multitude and psychological promotion, in my eyes.

You know? :)

tomdaams
05-31-2013, 11:27 PM
dont want to be like an asshole but I guess you also promote the plugin by giving the idea of offering sharing functionality in it:
"Get more Likes and more Shares"

tomdaams
05-31-2013, 11:38 PM
Im just really keen on that button i guess ;)

mikemayhem3030
06-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Haha you're in love with the share button, I spoke to Woods and he does plan to include it in a future update.. the Social Gallery pages is what is shared on facebook, if you use the Social Gallery Pages the facebook <og:meta> tags are all the proper ones and you share a more detailed link... if you don't use them facebook guesses what it should put.

M