PDA

View Full Version : SG not working on phone or tablet

jederu
05-29-2013, 06:14 PM
Hi, SG is working on my site but not on the phone (iPhone or Galaxy S3) or tablet. Please see my site http://dparliament.wpengine.com/ (it is is test mode before being pushed live). You can scroll to the bottom of the home page to find galleries. My only plugins are JIG and WooCommerce (which comes with the theme) so I can't imagine that is the problem. I downloaded both the SG add ons including mobile and it doesn't work. The settings for mobile are on so it is not a settings issue. Any ideas?

Also, to avoid multiple threads, I was asking about my engine being stuck. As I said above I have only 2 plugins and i can't imagine they are the issue. The theme came with some example pages and posts but I deleted those so now I only have 22 pages and 0 posts. The engine still gets stuck on processing the 3rd page. Any ideas?

Thanks,

jederu

jederu
05-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Hi Mike,

As a follow on I added another image to one of my pages and it was added to the image library even though the engine is still stuck on 'page 3.' The quick scan goes through so perhaps that is what grabbed it?

Also, being able to work SG on mobile is critical for us as we expect much of our traffic to be done via mobile. Any feedback as to why our site is not working on mobile or tablet?

jederu

mikemayhem3030
05-31-2013, 09:20 AM
Hi

Firstly, if you have an issue with it and no other plugins, try on WordPress Twenty Twelve theme as a test, 99.9% it's a theme conflict or plugin conflict... and any of the other bugs are fixed on here...

Mobiles, the standard plugin is a browser based one, but we have developed an add on for mobile here: http://www.socialgalleryplugin.com/addons/

jederu
05-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Mike, I had already downloaded the mobile addon so that wasn't the issue. I just updated the theme to Twenty Twelve and it did not help. I then noticed in the settings for JIG under Lightboxes a section for mobile lightboxes. The default was set to PhotoSwipe and I set it to 'No'. SG now works. I looked back at the JIG documentation you have in the blog and it does not say to set this to no so I would recommend making this change if that is in fact needed.

One thing I did notice when I went to twenty twelve is the engine updated fine. I have since gone back to my original theme (Forte) and while mobile works still the engine continues to get stuck. The quick scan works but the full scan stops a few pages in. What is the difference and is the full scan needed? Is there a way to find out what page is locking it up? I have gone through every page that does not use JIG and set the checkbox at the bottom to not use social gallery but that didn't seem to help.

Thanks for in advance for any help on the above.

jederu

mikemayhem3030
05-31-2013, 01:34 PM
It sounds like your theme might call some javascript (maybe another call to jquery on top of the wordpress own call) which does cause issues, some themes don't always realise that wp_head(); calls a ton of standard scripts, so they call a version (linked to google or something) which is an older version and can cause conflicts.

jederu
06-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Mike,

Can you please go to our site http://dparliament.wpengine.com/ on a mobile device. The images do not appear properly. We see half the picture and half of SG. Not sure what to do at this point. We expect, like most sites, to have a significant portion of our traffic on mobile so I have to have this work on mobile. Thoughts? Do you need access to our admin panel to help determine the issue?

jederu
06-02-2013, 06:06 AM
Also, when I try enabling Enable Mobile Addon in the Add-ons section all that happens is when I click on the image on my device it goes to a picture of the image with no social sharing at all. I have to hit the back button to get out of it. When I turn this off, I can at least see the SG on the right but it won't fit the screen.

What I also don't understand is this. When I go to the SG site on my phone or iPad and click on the images, I don't see the SG on the right but small icons on top (f view comments, f like, tweet). On my computer I see the SG attached to the side. However, on my site when I go on my phone or iPad it looks like it is trying to load the entire desktop version you see. I thought enabling the moblie addon in the add-on section would fix that but it just made everything go blank.

Finally, even on the SG site, all the social icons don't show up. Why is there now pin button for example? And if my phone is vertical i don't see the social icons (again on the SG site) but when I switch it to horizontal they show up. Shouldn't they show up regardless of orientation?

jederu

mikemayhem3030
06-02-2013, 04:44 PM
The mobile add on works well on iPad (if you click the little icons it loads the comments in using AJAX and it's really nice and neat) on iPhone it should swipe left and right.. Social Gallery (main plugin) is designed for desktops and doesn't do mobiles that well, so the add ons were built which should work a lot better, but they're in beta and not supported by us. I'm afraid that's where my help with Social Gallery is limited to and I can't assit any further as it's outside of the scope of my services here.

An alternative (and this is pluggin my own plugin a bit) you could try Epic Gallery, what this does is it has a google style mobile lightbox and tablet lightbox... and desktop can look like Social Gallery (check it in my signature link).