PDA

View Full Version : pop-up box size is stuck..

tomdaams
05-28-2013, 07:45 PM
The pop-up wont show up in large, only when i resize the window it resizes quickly, this isnt the responsiveness width option because I played around with it already.

http://prints.tomdaams.com/scape

i'll leave that page online for some to check. As you can see in the pictures im a bit in a rush. Any help soon is appreciated.

I use this in combination with Justified Images Grid.

cheers,

Tom

tomdaams
05-28-2013, 07:47 PM
also get some undefined variables.. no idea.
http://prints.tomdaams.com/test

tomdaams
05-28-2013, 09:28 PM
it's ok, i think it has something to do with needing to upload images instead of out of the media library

tomdaams
05-29-2013, 05:25 AM
Dear Support,

i did a new wordpress installation and I still suffer from the following lines on top of my page:
Notice: Undefined variable: caption_title_size in /home/vhosting/c/vhost0xx5098/domains/tomdaams.com/htdocs/prints/wp-content/plugins/justified-image-grid/justified-image-grid.php on line 5017 Notice: Undefined variable: caption_desc_size in /home/vhosting/c/vhost0xx5098/domains/tomdaams.com/htdocs/prints/wp-content/plugins/justified-image-grid/justified-image-grid.php on line 5021

I know it must be something my theme is causing, ive seen it before.

also dont know why the lightbox pop ups dont appear in the right size. Anyone ideas, please?

mikemayhem3030
05-29-2013, 08:51 AM
Hi are you still having issues with this? I saw your CodeCanyon comments..... made my day!

You should totally check out some of the epic plugins (link in my signature).

M

tomdaams
05-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Hehe, hey Mike
Thanks for your reply, yeah I'm still having my issues with working out these bugs. Just woke up actually after spending all night trying to figure it out, so i can use some insights as to the two issues im having.

Haha as to the codecanyon comment, yeah I get a bit carried away in writing and distractions. Being a war photographer has this effect on people sometimes :P

Everything works with social gallery plugin, but love to fix those Notice text lines that fill up my pages.

Btw, find your dilemma plugin interesting. Since I want to involve the user to the complicated issues of the civil war thats going on Syria, it might be interesting. Have to think about the usages.

For now, i need this plugin functional.

Cheers!

-edit: i see the examples are not online atm... I think i broke half my site :P
Here is a good example of what i mean. The first link the popup box works perfect, the second link the popup box appears smaller.

1st, works good:
http://tomdaams.com/492-2/

2nd, lightbox pops up too small:
http://tomdaams.com/532-2/

and also mind the Notices that need to be removed..

mikemayhem3030
05-29-2013, 02:23 PM
The pop up box fits your images and displays the best size it can do, just like facebooks :) I bet if you placed a larger image on that page (or changed the "upscale images by:" to 200% the pop up box would be bigger (for example).

Yeah dilemma is cool :)

tomdaams
05-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Dear God i believe that did the trick! Changing it to 200%.

Any ideas on the 'undefined variable' lines???

-edit:
I removed the lines in justified-image-grid.php on 3325 and 3326:
"caption_title_size" => $this->settings['caption_title_size'],
"caption_desc_size" => $this->settings['caption_desc_size'],
doesnt seem to effect anything and also size settings i wont use..

tomdaams
05-30-2013, 01:50 AM
I found the real problem eventually, some where in a reset-bootstrap.css and reset.css of my theme there was one line. Removing it fixed the pop-up sizing in the way i want. The last thing i want is a website that 'upscales' my pictures, since i believe it harmed the quality of the picture. It was hardly noticable though..
Marked in red is what i removed.

img {
width: auto\9;
height: auto;
max-width: 100%;
vertical-align: middle;
border: 0;
-ms-interpolation-mode: bicubic;
}

mikemayhem3030
05-31-2013, 09:35 AM
Thanks for sharing, yeah 99.9% of the time problems are caused by themes (and developers who don't follow WordPress standards) checking the plugin on the Twenty twelve (or upcoming twenty thirteen theme) it should work fine

tomdaams
05-31-2013, 11:13 AM
Yeah, well...blaming 'them' and saying 99.9% of the time its all their fault doesnt make for a better product :P

mikemayhem3030
05-31-2013, 01:28 PM
It's like trying to put a playstation disc in an xbox console at times!! :)

OndraOndra81
06-13-2013, 01:13 PM
I have the same problem when I try to open the images. The preview window is small, although tosses the picture 1080x720. I tried to look for the cause, but nothing I could find. CSS img is ok.

When I click on the icon fullscren and the next image appears in the correct size.

mikemayhem3030
06-13-2013, 05:46 PM
I suggest the same as above, check the margins and the upscale factors. I've added the issue to the update list to review

tomdaams
06-17-2013, 02:08 AM
i fixed this a while ago.. cant remember how!!!

tomdaams
06-17-2013, 02:09 AM
oh wait yes... something in php.. omg, go memoryyyy GO!!!!

tomdaams
06-17-2013, 02:15 AM
oh.. i posted the fix above lol

Ondra, check your theme reset.css/bootstrap.css/style.css if there you see a 'max-width:100%' call under the .img

like i said before:
img {
width: auto\9;
height: auto;
max-width: 100%;
vertical-align: middle;
border: 0;
-ms-interpolation-mode: bicubic;
}

after removing the above red line out of my theme css it worked

ondra, show us a page so i can find a fix for u

tomdaams
06-17-2013, 02:16 AM
im crazy yo! crazy on insomnia! WHuazaaaa

TO THE BATHROOMMOBILE

mikemayhem3030
06-18-2013, 10:06 AM
Hopefully this works :) good work tom

mstracylee
07-12-2013, 01:02 PM
this solved part of my problem but brought up a whole new one that i can adjust for going forward, but all my previous posts will now have incorrect size photos... thank you mike for bringing it to my attention..