PDA

View Full Version : Social Gallery Pages not being linked to...

quedeg
05-28-2013, 01:22 PM
I have been tinkering around with trying to get this working and I just seem to be stuck. The only hope I have is that I created a subdomain site and tried to get social gallery working on twenty eleven - and it worked! I have 3 different themes that I have tried using Nextgen and justified with...all to no avail. I can get the images to be found and social gallery pages created...but I simply cannot get the links to be updated. With Nextgen, with justified, with gallery, with posts, with pages...I just can't click no the image and end up on the social gallery page. I just get a link to the image.
So, here is one of my test sites with images posted on a page and then with justified. I have tried all the settings for Social Gallery for compatibility...what is missing?

http://samandjoe.fringefoxstudios.com/test-image-justified-gallery/

Boy do I hope there is a simple fix to this. I can provide more examples with nextgen or whatever is necessary - I am hoping for a simple fix :-)

mikemayhem3030
05-29-2013, 09:06 AM
Does your theme use old jQuery anywhere? the WordPress standard themes (assuming your WordPress is up to date) always use the most recent versions, but some themes can use bad technique and use an older version (which could be a cause).

quedeg
05-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the reply, Mike. I have a few themes installed on my multisite and I did find one that worked. I appreciate your direction. One other question, which may deserve a new topic, but I'll just add it here since we have a conversation going - on the theme that is working, I keep getting a 404 whenever I go to the image library and look at one of the social gallery pages. It comes up fine from an image from the post (though FB is warning that a 404 is coming back). I am going to be updating this theme today and hopefully it fixes the problem - do you have any insight on why I would be getting a 404. I do have WP installed in a subfolder, if that matters.

quedeg
05-29-2013, 05:48 PM
I've updated my theme and it did not solve the problem...the social gallery pages come back as a 404. What would you recommend doing to troubleshoot this?

mikemayhem3030
05-31-2013, 09:37 AM
404s are permalink problems, go to settings -> permalinks.. then put them to default and see if you still get a 404... if not then it's a permalink thing... setting them back to custom should fix it (but you'll need to check by setting to default).

It's caused by the mod-rewrite not updating with new rules for the new pages the plugin creates