PDA

View Full Version : update engine stuck, settings for NextGEN & Justified Image Grid not working

jederu
05-24-2013, 02:23 AM
First off, assuming I can resolve the settings, and assuming the social stats work, this plugin is going to be PERFECT for my site. Also, I did search the forum and didn't see anything I didn't already try for my situation (then again I didn't see anyone posting about using both NextGEN and JIG). I'm on the latest versions of everything as I just started building my site on WP. I downloaded both NextGEN and Justified Image Grid. Not sure if I need both but NextGEN does allow me to do albums which will be helpful. I can get SG to work only if I choose all images. I followed the guides for both NextGEN and JIG and tried setting SG to look for either one and it only works with all images. This presents a problem for my product pages, however, as clicking on an image in a result list should go to a product page and not SG. Any ideas on what to do?

Secondly, in doing a full update it is stuck on 12 posts, 19 pages to process (processed 5 of 36). I very few images and pages right now since I've been putting things together just this week. The quick update found images that were NOT associated with a gallery but not any image in a gallery. I thought a full update would handle it but again it is stuck.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,

jederu

jederu
05-24-2013, 08:32 PM
Update to the earlier post. Because I'm starting from scratch I decided to uninstall everything and revert back to an earlier version of the site (pre NG, JIG, and SG). I then reinstalled JIG and updated/added pages using JIG. I then reinstalled SG. First off, with the setting for JIG it worked! Phew. The update engine apparently knew where it left off and still says says the same thing when I restart. However, the images from the pages I added used JIG showed up in the image library.

Any idea why the engine seems stuck? I have the two lightbox issue but I'm sure it is theme setting I need to figure out.

Thanks,

jederu

smith2012
05-24-2013, 09:26 PM
I have the same problem and did not received any support or replay

mikemayhem3030
05-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Hi

I don't know why the image scan would get stuck I'm afraid - it's not a social gallery issue as I have it running fine on a number of sites, it's most likely another plugin or theme compatibility problem

As Woody mentions, support is handled as soon as we can, we're very busy and have a lot of support tickets to answer so they do take time - it's not instant support

Tips are

1.) try social gallery on the twenty twelve theme
2.) try without any other plugins

Andrew
09-11-2013, 04:42 AM
mine has been stuck like this:
for about an hour and a half, the update engine ONLY started working after I turned off NextGen plugin, which is kind of counter intuitive. seems weird that it will not run the engine properly even though the site is pretty much completely stock with no plugins (aside from Social Gallery) a 2013 wordpress theme, and less than 100 images on the WHOLE of the site, which is brand new build....

Just clicked back over to my site, the update engine finished, and it found 2 images out of the approximately 76 that are on the site in the galleries that are currently deactivated... w.t.f....

mikemayhem3030
09-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Hi Andrew

Which NextGen are you using? SGP v2.3 only works with versions below 2.0 (we are working on v3.0 which will be compatible with 2.0+)

The scan is a bit tempremental and it's also something we are looking at

To pick up images in shortcodes etc you need to run a full scan not a quick scan, i.e. if you have [nggallery id = 1] the quick scan just sees the shortcode whereas the full scan parses the shortcode and sees the images - this may be what you're seeing with 2 out of 76 - try running a full scan

Mike

Andrew
09-15-2013, 05:32 AM
the version of NextGen Gallery is 2.0.17, i suppose i could try and find a previous version to use with SGP, but it does seem kind of strande that your software does not work with the most popular gallery plugin for wordpress sites. I have tried running the full system scan over and over and it just freezes and never completes, Will let you know the results once i find and instal a legacy version of Nextgen

Andrew
09-15-2013, 05:34 AM
other quick question: is there any other gallery plugin that SGP does not play well with since i wanted a specific layout to my site and to do such requires a gallery template

mikemayhem3030
09-16-2013, 08:09 AM
Hi Andrew

the version of NextGen Gallery is 2.0.17, i suppose i could try and find a previous version to use with SGP, but it does seem kind of strande that your software does not work with the most popular gallery plugin for wordpress sites

NextGen majorily rewrote their plugin recently and it has broken compatibility with SGP and a lot of other plugins as well. SGP works with versions below v2.0 and we are working on v3.0 of SGP which will work with later versions of nextgen.

We suggest using v1.9.13 of nextgen as that's the latest version that's been tested with v2.3 of SGP.

http://www.nextgen-gallery.com/how-to-rollback-a-version/