PDA

View Full Version : Bugs with Shared Image URLS - Fallback URL Type and Hash Indexes

illonabroyde
12-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Hi, just updated and the updates look great!

A couple bug/questions:
I have the Fallback URL Type set to Image URL and when I comment and post to fb, everything seems to be working fine, it links back to the actual image, however when I "like" something - it doesn't show up on my fb page at all...
Tweet and Google+1 seems to link to the page itself instead of the image - is there some kind of settings option I missing here to make this work properly?

Pin it and Stumble Upon seem to be working fine, haven't tested Tumblr or linkedin yet...

Also, if I switch the Fallback URL Type to Hash Index, the fb like does show up on my fb page, however it just links back to the page itself instead of the image - same with fb comment and everything else...

Also, a css issue, when I try to delete a comment, a popup box appears, but the width is set to 400px...
body.transparent_widget .generic_dialog_popup, .connect_widget .generic_dialog_popup {
width: 400px;
}
This width overflows the box and cuts off the content...where can I change the width of this box?

Thanks so much for your help in advance!!

woods
12-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Hi Illona,

All of these sharing buttons should use the exact same url for sharing - that is either the Social Gallery Pages (http://www.socialgalleryplugin.com/social-gallery-pages/) page URL or if not the fallback URL (in your case the image URL.)

What might be happening is that these social sharing sites are not respecting this fallback url if it's an image - I had tested this and it was working fine for me but perhaps it won't work everywhere. Perhaps if you can share an URL example I can take a further look.

Hash indexes are the old way of dealing with this one from Social Gallery v1.0 and v1.4, they do have downsides like you've mentioned - hence the introduction of Social Gallery Pages and Fallback URLs.

Is that when moderating comments or deleting your own comment? I hadn't spotted this one - it will need css tweaking so I'll add it to the list!