PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find my files

aero
04-23-2013, 10:37 AM
Social Gallery is unable to find my files. I have more than 400 picture files here, but SG can only find around 100. What am I doing wrong here ?

I have done exactly as it says in the documentation, but this plugin is failing. It won't publish my comments or my likes to Facebook like the demo does. It cannot find all the files in the library. I noticed that none of the pictures from nextgen gallery is added to its library when I run the update engine.

I need some help with this asap.

mikemayhem3030
04-23-2013, 10:58 PM
aero,

Please stop saying it doesn't work, be positive. You're having issue. The scan isn't ideal as it picks up images from pages and posts. I've had similar issues with NextGen so I just use the WordPress galleries as they're 100x better in v3.5 and it makes it so much easier to work

http://epicplugins.com/social-gallery-viewer/

It seems like it's attempted to be used on really complicated setups, and then complaints that it's "total bust" and "doesn't work" when it clearly does work.

The engine is used for population of the pages - we are rethinking it through in v3.0+ but for now it can be a bit hit and miss with picking everything up. Even so, it'll still work and open NextGen images in the lightbox viewer and tie the comments ot the upload image URL (this is actually what facebook does on it's own comments, they're tied to the image URL).

Even with the fallback setting when SG doesn't find all the images, your site link still gets shared on FB and people are still brought to your site to see the image

aero
04-23-2013, 11:06 PM
hey, Im sure it works. Just didnt work on my end. It suddenly started to work though, but I have not been doing anything new so I have no idea. Im looking forward to v3 and more updates on the post stats too :)

mikemayhem3030
04-23-2013, 11:27 PM
:) cool cool glad it works now tho

aero
04-24-2013, 12:48 AM
Thanks. Maybe I should remove the nextgen galleries, but I need to find a replacement widget for the random pictures :)