PDA

View Full Version : Lightbox loading but disappears

ErikaNapo
04-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Good morning!

First, here is the page in question. Note that the plugin is not working site-wide, but this is a page I'm setting to go live and pretty much the reason I installed this plugin.

http://erikanapoletano.com/get-stuff/kickass-graphics/

The plugin wasn't working on the setting "all content images" so I switched to one of the compatibility modes. This is now bringing up the lightbox when you click an image, but it goes through the load animation and then the lightbox vanishes.

I want to be able to use this site-wide with my single images as well as galleries. My currently gallery that you see on this page is a native Wordpress gallery, images set to image page, not attachment page.

I was using the Fancy Box plugin and that is currently disabled while I troubleshoot this. Any thoughts/troubleshooting advice would be much appreciated!

mikemayhem3030
04-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Hi

Usually the appear, then vanish trick, is because you're linking to a PAGE and not an IMAGE. For the lightbox to work it needs to use the image.

I've just checked (for some reason I had a different Social Gallery site and thought it was yours, not sure how that's happened!).

You'll need your images to link to the media file, and not the attachment page, and then it will work.

ErikaNapo
04-21-2013, 09:38 PM
The ARE linked to the media file. See? Not working.53

mikemayhem3030
04-22-2013, 07:06 AM
Yeah that's WordPress lying to you, there's an issue where the link to media file, doesn't actually link it to the media file!! (annoying)

Look at the shortcode, does it have link = "file" in it? If not you need to add it and it will work (the bug in WordPRess is that WordPress doesn't add it) hopefully WordPress will fix this in 3.6