PDA

View Full Version : Gallery & Blog posts disappear after PRO installation!

dmzstory
04-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Hello!

I just purchased and installed the awesome Plug-in. I was really impressed by the ease and beauty of the Lite version!!!

After the installation, however, I no longer see my galleries or my blog posts. I am currently using ElegantTheme's Evolution Theme + NextGen Gallery. The blog post and gallery images are still uploaded and available.

I thought it was a theme issue so I deactivated the theme and tried using the wordpress default theme. Using the default theme brought back the Blog post but my albums still do not show. My website is dmzstory.org (still under development)

Could you provide any help?? I am really eager to get this plugin up and running!

Best,
Frustrated user

dmzstory
04-05-2013, 12:33 PM
I also tried to deactivate the PRO Plugin.

Even after deactivation, neither the blog nor the gallery shows.

mikemayhem3030
04-05-2013, 01:43 PM
The pages are showing up as 404's (not found) which is very weird and I wouldn't expect this to be a social gallery thing.

Have you tried refreshing your permalinks?

dmzstory
04-05-2013, 01:47 PM
The pages are showing up as 404's (not found) which is very weird and I wouldn't expect this to be a social gallery thing.

Have you tried refreshing your permalinks?

I am extremely new at this... what do you mean refreshing the permalinks?? I was reinstalling the theme just now, could you check again if you are able to access the site?

Thanks you!

mikemayhem3030
04-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Yeah your site shows up but the links do not take you to any page (it shows your theme "404" page) the page it shows when the URL doesn't go to a page

No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.

Refreshing permalinks, means forcing WordPress to update it's references to where the pages are. If you can see the posts and pages on admin dashboard but front end you get a 404 it usually means a "permalink" isn't working.

If you go to settings then permalink (on the admin dashboard) and set them back to default (to see if this works)

If it does, reset them to the Post Name setting (which you currently have).

dmzstory
04-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Mike!

You are a genius. Can't believe it was such a simple fix T.T I don't know how but the permalinks changed to date/time setting, rather than the post name. But this happened after the social gallery pro installation so I thought it was the plugin that caused it.

I really appreciate your help. Now I can try to customize it :) Hopefully I wont run into any more issues!!

ck

mikemayhem3030
04-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Not a problem :) glad to be of service :) if you haven't done already please do rate social gallery 5* over on CodeCanyon!