PDA

View Full Version : Functionality gone with upgrade to 2.2

JoshuaGulick
04-03-2013, 04:59 AM
On my site http://spectraphonictable.com when I upgraded from 2.0 to 2.2, I lost all functionality of the plugin. In addition, now the sound files on the site will not play. I have tried to resolve the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling and also wiping socialgallery entries from the database and then reinstalling, but to no avail. Not sure what to do next. I was and am running under compatibility mode if that matters.

mikemayhem3030
04-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Hello

With 2.2 any settings inputted in 2.1 will be lost and you'll need to re-enter them. Will you try re-entering your Facebook App ID - see if this helps?

Cheers

Mike

JoshuaGulick
04-04-2013, 12:11 AM
I did that. The facebook app id is correct.

mikemayhem3030
04-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Hello

You seem to be suffering from the same issue as a few others namely that: Uncaught TypeError: Object has no method 'html'

I'll catch up with Woods on this one and look to put in a fix

mikemayhem3030
04-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Hello

I've managed to fix this on another install that was having an issue. On around line 837 of the unminified javascript there's code in function getDesc that says

function getDesc(a) {
var c = jQuery(a).attr("data-desc");
var b = jQuery("img", a).attr("data-desc");
if ((b != "" && typeof b != "undefined") && (c == "" || typeof c === "undefined")) {
c = b
}
if (c === "undefined" || c === "null") {
c = ""
} else {
c = jQuery("<span>").text(c).html()
}
return c
}

This is to do with image descriptions I think, however for certain install and wordpress in post there may not be the image description available. I'll pass this onto Woody to fix properly in the next update but I've found the following seems to get it working OK if you change the below bit of code to be

function getDesc(a) {
var c = jQuery(a).attr("data-desc");
var b = jQuery("img", a).attr("data-desc");
if ((b != "" && typeof b != "undefined") && (c == "" || typeof c === "undefined")) {
c = b
}
if (c === "undefined" || c === "null") {
c = ""
} else {
c = ""
}
return c
}

This is a WORKAROUND to get the lightbox at least opening on installs that have this problem.

Other things to check for

1.) is your page completed properly? (i.e. does it end </body></head>) you can right click and view source for this
2.) in your theme files, does your page finish with <?php get_footer();?> or similar?
3.) in your footer file, does it call <?php wp_footer(); ?>

All those are needed as Social Gallery PRO "hooks" into the wp_footer(); WordPress function. Some themes forget to add this but it CAN break many plugins

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_footer