PDA

View Full Version : "LIKing" Image is not posting to Facebook

quotedrive
03-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Hi,

When using Social Gallery tool, the images pop uo with Social options, however after logging in to Facebook and clicking the "LIKE" button, the image is not appearing in my newsfeed. Do i need to do something else to configure this to work?

mikemayhem3030
03-31-2013, 09:59 AM
Hello

I think I answered this on your other post. Is it definitely not posting it in the "likes" box rather than on your newsfeed directly (the below "like" box is sometimes half way down your timeline). It's a facebook thing and not an issue with Social Gallery.

Deepabysm
04-03-2013, 10:21 PM
I don't think it is an issue at all. I had that problem too for a long time. Do you have an own Facebook app?

mikemayhem3030
04-03-2013, 10:32 PM
I think if the facebook like button is showing as clicked for you, then you've liked it on facebook. The fact facebook doesn't put it top of your news feed is a weird facebook thing (I think)

aero
04-03-2013, 10:51 PM
I dont think you can see your own stuff on your own newsfeed. At least I can't, but I could when I logged into my wifes account to look at my own likes :) To bad the stuff I like don't come up on my timeline which I would really like instead of the small box on the bottom that nobody pays attention to anyway ..

mikemayhem3030
04-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Haha I agree. I was actually testing out my Pics Mash plugin install on a customer site, of "hot thongs" clicked like and it didn't show up... but apparently it did because the mrs noticed I'd liked a photo of a girls ass! :) ahhh live and learn - thanks facebook!

mstracylee
04-12-2013, 11:59 PM
When I like something on my site, it's not posting to FB. It's not showing up in people's newsfeeds and it's not adding to the like box on the right side.. just like the thread starter's issue..

mikemayhem3030
04-13-2013, 02:12 PM
I still don't think this is a Social Gallery issue. It's a facebook thing. Social Gallery IS liking the URL (you'll see like counts on images etc), Facebook decides where it shows them and my understanding is this is different for pages, images and other media.

Give Mark Zuckerberg a call :) maybe he can help

Deepabysm
04-14-2013, 08:08 PM
As I already said, I had the same issues at the start. I would like to know if you have an own Facebook App ID set.