PDA

View Full Version : How to modify Social Gallery Page's Template?

stefaanvd
12-21-2012, 09:52 PM
I read the documentation, but I'm not skilled enough to understand everything I'm afraid

How can I prevent my layout from being messed up ? tactic.be/social-gallery/ny2010-031/

woods
12-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Hi stefaanvd,

You'll need to modify your Social Gallery page template - because you have a custom sidebar it'll need a little rewriting.

I can do this but I'd have to charge you - I can't really offer that support for free.

You can always try copying another page template's layout...

stefaanvd
12-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Oh but i don't need the sidebar, I tweaked the single-social-gallery-image.php a bit and now it looks good

The only problem is that facebook comments are not displayed anymore in firefox and chrome. IE gives this error:

To help protect the security of information you enter into this website, the publisher of this content does not allow it to be displayed in a frame.

so is that a facebook related problem ?

thank you

woods
12-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Hi stefaanvd,

Did you change anything with the bit of facebook comment code? this should work regardless of browser.

Cool you modified your page though - do share a link here and I'll take a look at the fb comment problem.

stefaanvd
12-29-2012, 02:37 AM
the only thing i changed was removing the call for the footer and the heading of the title of the image

tactic.be/social-gallery/ny2010-031/

here is my edited file: pastebin.com/MCe7U7z5

woods
12-29-2012, 11:46 AM
That's really helpful, thanks for sharing Stefaanvd, it looks really good in place :) Great to see Social Gallery used to its full potential!

Thanks again for taking the time to share!

stefaanvd
12-29-2012, 11:06 PM
any thoughts about the facebook comments not showing up ?

woods
01-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Hmmmmm somehow you have a frame width of -40px (for the facebook div) - because you know what your doing you could put a strong width in there...

fotoglut
01-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks Stefaanvd for that code.

But i have a little Question: If i click to the Image, the Image show up.
How must the Page modfied, that there wil shown the Social Galery again?

stefaanvd
01-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Hmmmmm somehow you have a frame width of -40px (for the facebook div) - because you know what your doing you could put a strong width in there...

i checked the page with firebug, changed the value -40 in a positive number but nothing show up, any thoughts ?

woods
01-16-2013, 12:50 PM
i checked the page with firebug, changed the value -40 in a positive number but nothing show up, any thoughts ?

Hi Stefaanvd,

I've taken another deeper look - Everything checks out except:

1.) I can only assume it's because the facebook comments is being given a ' data-width="-40 ' at point of loading that facebook's basically loading a blank comments iframe - the problem is likely there. If you go into the template and hard code in the width of your comments <div> I am fairly certain that will fix it - you should be able to set the page width in the settings or by adding this code to line 35 (assumed from your paste bin)

$sgPageWidth = 900;
*Where 900 would be your desired width

2.) You haven't put your own app id in under "facebook comments app id" in settings (this might fix it - probably not though)

Please do let me know if that solves it!

woods
01-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Thanks Stefaanvd for that code.

But i have a little Question: If i click to the Image, the Image show up.
How must the Page modfied, that there wil shown the Social Galery again?

Hi fotoglut - not 100% sure what you mean here - could you rephrase the question?

Cheers

Woody

fotoglut
01-16-2013, 03:32 PM
see here:
Silvester (http://www.fotoglut.de/social-gallery/silvester-12-13)

If yopu click now on that image, the Image opens directly.
How can i change it, that on that point the Social Gallery PopUp will show...

woods
01-17-2013, 12:49 PM
I see.

It should (out-of-the-box) work to Social Gallery that image (because it has a class of socialGalleryItem) - however it's obviously not working there. Are you using "Specific CSS Selector" mode?

stefaanvd
01-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Hi Stefaanvd,

I've taken another deeper look - Everything checks out except:

1.) I can only assume it's because the facebook comments is being given a ' data-width="-40 ' at point of loading that facebook's basically loading a blank comments iframe - the problem is likely there. If you go into the template and hard code in the width of your comments <div> I am fairly certain that will fix it - you should be able to set the page width in the settings or by adding this code to line 35 (assumed from your paste bin)

$sgPageWidth = 900;
*Where 900 would be your desired width

Please do let me know if that solves it!

Solved ;) Thank you :)

(will those changes I made last when you bring out a future update of the plugin ? or do I better keep a backup of my single-social-gallery-image.php ?)

woods
01-21-2013, 07:34 AM
Stefaanvd, awesome!

I will hopefully remember to stop these being overridden, but please do keep a copy, just in case!

Thanks again.

Woody

fotoglut
02-12-2013, 06:14 PM
HI, i think i search on the wrong side...

I got 2 problems with that...

SOLVED - Template issue =>
the first, is that the Page (http://www.fotoglut.de/social-gallery/betontod) only displays Half, and i dont find the error....

the second: the Pics opns not in the SG Popup... (settings are made after your hint like this: Specific CSS Selector => .ngg-gallery-thumbnail a:has(img), .entry a:has(img)

thanks for reply...

woods
02-18-2013, 05:12 AM
Hi fotoglut,

Not entirely sure whether your saying that these are fixed or an issue?

That page you reference there looks like its just missing your footer call in the template?

W

fotoglut
02-18-2013, 07:08 AM
the first (only half Page) is fixed...

the second Problem isnt solved:
the Pics opens not in the SG Popup... (settings are made after your hint like this: Specific CSS Selector => .ngg-gallery-thumbnail a:has(img), .entry a:has(img)

the Problem: I would open the Pic on that site even in the SocialGallery Lightbox...

woods
02-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Ah so even on the Social Gallery Pages you want it to load Social Gallery for the image? Is that what you mean?

fotoglut
02-21-2013, 01:36 PM
exactly :-)

woods
02-22-2013, 02:08 PM
exactly :-)

It should do that by default - unless you have changed the class of the Image on the Social Gallery page? :p