PDA

View Full Version : Working with justified image grid

littleantz
03-25-2013, 10:27 PM
Hi,

Is there more to it in making social gallery work with justified image grid?

I already select mode to justified image grid but when I click om my image it just show the image not social gallery popup.

I also check your link for justified image grid but it seems outdated because justified image grid now has an option to select Social Gallery. However, bot settings does not work.

I already sent you my sample link on your email.

Thanks

bswb97
03-26-2013, 06:11 AM
I'm having this same issue. I set it to Justified Image Grid in my Social Gallery settings. Then on my Lightbox settings for JIG, I set it to Social Gallery. Clicking on the images brings up the JPEG in the browser. As a test, I deactivated SG and it is noted as Not Available in my JIG Lightbox settings.

I noticed the Guide To Working With Justified Image Grid is down. Is there a general issue with this right now?

matthew
03-26-2013, 10:00 PM
Hi all,

We're not aware of any issues of Social Gallery working with JIG. Can you please provide a link to your site/gallery so I can take a look?

Thanks,

Matthew

bswb97
03-26-2013, 10:32 PM
Here is the link:
http://eventologyweddings.com/?page_id=36

I have:

-Reactivated Social Sharing
-Set it to Justified Image Grid
-Set JIG's Lightbox Setting to Social Sharing

You can see that the clickthrough goes to the image file, not the lightbox. This same thing happens on Gallery 1 - 7.

Also, if it makes any difference, I have NextGen Gallery installed. Gallery 1 is using the standard WP gallery, 2-7 are pulling from NGG. I did this just to test for any differences. I've also tried deactivating NGG to see if there was any Lightbox interference.

Finally, I see that this guide is blank. Has this been taken down for some reason? http://www.socialgalleryplugin.com/guide-using-social-gallery-with-justified-image-grid/

If I continue to encounter problems, is there a place where I can download an older version of SG for testing?

matthew
03-26-2013, 10:59 PM
Hi bswb97,

When you mention 'Social Sharing' are you referring to the 'Social Gallery' plugin?

In the Social Gallery settings, can you confirm that you have the 'Social Gallery Mode' set to 'Justified Image Grid' and the JIG lightbox settings set to 'none/disabled'?

Also, all of your galleries appear to be using JIG and not NGG.

With regard to the guide, it has not yet been written for JIG.

I can speak to woods re: getting an older version of Social Gallery for you but I would not recommend it - it's always best to use the latest version of any 'sof

Thanks,

Matthew

bswb97
03-26-2013, 11:07 PM
Sorry, I meant "Social Gallery". Working on too many things at once.

SG settings: Mode - Justified Image Grid.

JIG Lightbox settings: It was set to Social Gallery but now I have turned it off. Same issue coming up.

These are my available options:

prettyPhoto
ColorBox
PhotoSwipe
FooBox (not active!) is purchased separately, here.
Social Gallery
I already use a lightbox pugin so I'll set up the link class and/or rel accordingly.
No lightbox: the image will be opened by the browser. Disables link class and rel.
Attachment: point images to the WP image attachment page.
Turn the links off, only thumbnails. Disable pointer cursor and clickability.

JIG galleries 2-7 are pulling their images from a NGG gallery (a recent update). That shouldn't create any incompatibility, right?

bswb97
03-26-2013, 11:10 PM
Also, if the Guide to JIG is not ready yet, where can I get exact isntructions for it? The doc that comes with the plugin points me to that empty page.

matthew
03-26-2013, 11:27 PM
Hi bswb97,

The instructions are above in my previous post - it is very simple to setup.

I have a feeling that it's 'PrettyPhoto' causing Social Gallery to break as effectively you will have 2 lightboxes trying to load at the same time. Please try disabling PrettyPhoto and re-test.

Thanks,

Matthew

matthew
03-26-2013, 11:29 PM
Also, if JIG has an option for 'Social Gallery' please turn this on. (I must admit I'm not too familiar with the options of JIG).

bswb97
03-27-2013, 02:03 AM
Thanks for the prompt feedback on this. I've set JIG to Social Gallery but the same problem occurs.

JIG has a javascript directory with the following filescode.photoswipe.jquery.js
jquery.colorbox-min.js
jquery.prettyphoto.custom-min.js
klass.min.js
pixastic.custom.jig.js

Should I just rename or delete the PrettyPhoto and ColorBox scripts?

bswb97
03-27-2013, 03:20 PM
The JIG dev noted that it was a bug in SG 2.1 and would be fixed in 2.2. In the meantime, he suggested setting the SG mode to either All content, Post/page respectively, or Compatibility mode. I put it to All Content and it is working now.

matthew
03-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Great news. Thanks for letting us know you managed to resolve this.