PDA

View Full Version : Social Gallery v2.2, Social Gallery Manager & Future Development

woods
03-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Hi All,

As per my recent email I am now working on v2.2, another hardening update after last weeks v2.1. v2.2 should be available for your download via CodeCanyon later this week and will address a few issues as below:

Fix for performance issue affecting larger sites (and slower hosts) - [MOG assisted]
Capacity to "delete images" from Social Gallery Library
Capacity to "Re-scan All"
Download file headers [so users don't need to right click save as]
Several other little fixes + improvements

There have been many feature requests and I've done my best to make sure everything that's most commonly asked for is prioritised. I'm sorry if you wanted something that won't make it in!

V2.2 will be a hardening release and capitalise on v2.1's recent fixes, after v2.2 there will be a break in development and I'll also be assigning a new Social Gallery Manager (Mike) - so you will all get a better rate of reply on your queries (as well as Matthew who is doing his best to support you now.) - I've been doing my best to get to everyone here but Social Gallery has been quite popular so a new manager is needed. Thank you all again for your patience.

As I've said above there is going to be a break in development after v2.2 and the release of v1.0 of the two Add-ons (http://www.socialgalleryplugin.com/addons/). With v2.2 offering a stable release and with Mike in charge of helping you all get set up I hope Social Gallery will continue to be useful for you all.

Please do look out for the announcement email I'll send out later on this week to let you know about v2.2 and the Add-ons.

Deepabysm
03-26-2013, 11:03 PM
I'd like to say that posting images on tumblr still doesn't work at all. Although I believe that this is tumblr's issue and not yours.

s|ck
03-27-2013, 10:18 AM
Don't forget facebook share. :cool:

stella
03-27-2013, 06:20 PM

Yes please don't forget Facebook share! I have seen this requested so many times, and it was the top request in the feature request poll you posted...by a LANDSLIDE:

http://forum.socialgalleryplugin.com/poll.php?pollid=1&do=showresults

People always want to SHARE picture on Facebook...post them, not just have them "liked" Please, please, please work this feature in! Thank you :)

woods
03-29-2013, 09:50 AM

Hi Guys,

How did I miss this one? V2.2 was uploaded to CodeCanyon 24 hours ago - but they are still "processing" it. I didn't get share in and I don't know how it slipped the net! V2.2 is kick ass but it's not got this.

I'll see what I can do.

s|ck
03-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Hi Guys,

How did I miss this one? V2.2 was uploaded to CodeCanyon 24 hours ago - but they are still "processing" it. I didn't get share in and I don't know how it slipped the net! V2.2 is kick ass but it's not got this.

I'll see what I can do.

:(

Please add facebook share, then you can go on vacation. :D

woods
03-29-2013, 11:06 AM
:(

Please add facebook share, then you can go on vacation. :D

:) nicely put!

Here's the announcement about v2.2: http://forum.socialgalleryplugin.com/showthread.php/174-Social-Gallery-v2-2-and-Add-Ons-Important-Notice!-Please-Read!