PDA

View Full Version : 'Update Engine' query/Site forced offline

s_wrenn
03-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Hi to all on the Social Gallery forum,

I have a question for Woody and anyone else using the 'Image Library Updater', How long does your Full Scan take?

I've been trying to update the full library of our site for what must be nearly two months now, usually over night, as the Full Scan seems to take the site temporarily offline (More often then not, i will have to activate the social gallery plugin, update overnight, then deactivate the plugin again to bring it back online and viewable to the public in the morning)

Admittedly, we have in the region of 14,500 images on the site, but it's getting to the stage that some nights the Full Scan doesn't seem to make any progress at all.
I wanted to know if any one else using Social Gallery, who also deals in high volumes of images has had this issue? And if they were able to speed up the process in any way (via any specific settings etc.)
As well as the issue of the site becoming redundant during an update or when the plugin is activated.

Thanks,
Seán

woods
03-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Hi Seán,

I am fairly sure what you are experiencing is the same issue a few other slow-down sites are seeing - your large volume of images/posts/pages is effectively clogging up Social Gallery. Obviously this is not your fault and rather that v2.0 has a little performance issue which gets out of hand once you multiply it by the xx,xxx + numbers. I'll be doing my best to address this tomorrow in an update (v2.2) which should hopefully make this feature usable for you.

Thanks for taking the time to post - hope I can get this slicker for you all.

BTW - can I ask - how are your 14,500 images included? Via WordPress attachments or NextGen or another upload process?

Cheers

s_wrenn
03-25-2013, 04:56 PM
All the images are uploaded thru the 'Add gallery' option on NextGen, i also seem to not be able to access the Pages & Posts pages from within wordpress when Social Gallery is activated, but this could be a v2.0 issue?

andotherstuf
03-26-2013, 09:00 AM
Just bought Social Gallery earlier tonight and am having the same issue as s_wrenn. I have nearly 11,000 NextGen images, but Social Gallery seems stuck just at over 6,000 scanned with the front end of site showing a white screen. Front end comes back when I deactivate plugin. Guess I'll do as s_wrenn did and deactivate it for the night when I turn in.

matthew
03-26-2013, 10:59 PM
Hi all,

Please try re-downloading the latest version of Social Gallery from CodeCanyon and re-test. Please let us know if you are still having problems after this.

Thanks,

Matthew

s_wrenn
03-27-2013, 12:24 AM
Hey Matthew,
Is this v2.2 you are talking about?

matthew
03-27-2013, 01:00 AM
Hi s_wrenn,

No, we've re-uploaded 2.1 to CodeCanyon. Please re-download and re-test.

Thanks,

Matthew

andotherstuf
03-27-2013, 07:16 AM
No difference here, Matthew.

I bought the plugin late enough last night that I suspect this is the same version--it's only been about 24 hours since I first bought Social Gallery.

Hopefully 2.2 arrives soon.

matthew
03-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Hi andotherstuf,

Sorry, this hasn't helped.

Version 2.2 of Social Gallery should address this issue and should be available for download within the next day or so.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

Matthew

s_wrenn
03-29-2013, 09:03 PM
v2.2 is great, it runs really smoothly and i've had a much speedier experience with the Engine Updater.
Although It's seems to have stopped or slowed down on the last page left to process. I'm going to leave it run, and see if it will finish processing soon.

woods
03-30-2013, 09:53 AM
v2.2 is great, it runs really smoothly and i've had a much speedier experience with the Engine Updater.
Although It's seems to have stopped or slowed down on the last page left to process. I'm going to leave it run, and see if it will finish processing soon.

Hi s_wrenn, Great to hear v2.2 is working better for you - I'm much more happy at this releases speed+stability. If that last post keeps getting stuck please do let us know if you have some post which is particularly bespoke or any plugin which might work around membership/security (these may have an affect.)

mikemayhem3030
03-31-2013, 11:15 AM
I think the last page issue is a small bug. I've had it too as have a few others. It doesn't seem to affect the operation of Social Gallery though