PDA

View Full Version : My site crawls to a dead halt with Social Gallery installed- HELP! [SOLVED]

mstracylee
03-25-2013, 05:58 AM
I have gone through a number of the different social gallery versions as you've updated, but never realized that SG was what was bringing my site down over the last months.

I ran a speed test yesterday on my plugins and it was SG that was doing it although it seems like it may not play well with a couple other plugins. Even with those turned off though, it still has issues. I'm wondering, how many sites have tested this with the amount of photos that I have on my site? I have TONS!!!!

I love this plugin and REALLY hope that theres a way through this.. Please let me know what troubleshooting needs to be done. I have tried turning social gallery pages off in hopes that would maybe solve it to no avail.. I also deleted the entire plugin off the server and then reinstalled.

www.bboylifestyle.com it's intermittant and every once in a while works ok- but for the most part pulls down the site so you get page cannot be displayed.. Please help!

matthew
03-26-2013, 10:30 PM
Hi mstracylee,

Unfortunately this appears to be an issue with your hosting server. Can you please provide a little detail about the hosting company and package you are currently using?

Social Gallery will either work or it will not work. It does not work 'intermittently'.

Thanks,

Matthew

mstracylee
03-29-2013, 01:08 AM
well I beg to differ. I thought it was the server, but I went as far as to move my entire site to a new one, only to find that it was the social gallery plugin causing the issue. I ran a speed test on the plugins on my site- would you like me to email you the results? My site works fine when I have the plugin turned off. The minute I turn it on, it drags down the site to the point where i am not even able to reach some of the pages.

woods
03-29-2013, 09:54 AM
Hi mstracylee,

Sorry about this one, in this case it's a performance issue of Social Gallery < 2.2, there was a stray query which didn't show any issues until users hit xx,xxx images/posts or less on different hosting setups. This has now been fixed in v2.2 which is a stable release which has been uploaded to CodeCanyon (24 hours ago) - it should be approved today and you'll get an email when it's released.

Again - sorry for this bug, it's a shame it's slipped the net until now, but it is resolved in v2.2.

Thanks for posting here and sticking with Social Gallery.

mstracylee
03-29-2013, 10:48 PM
oh wow- the new version IS SO MUCH QUICKER! I ran the test and social gallery is no longer a load hog- in fact it's even quicker than the rest of the plug ins. thank you! still testing it out- having some issues with the social media stuff still :(

woods
03-30-2013, 08:47 AM
oh wow- the new version IS SO MUCH QUICKER! I ran the test and social gallery is no longer a load hog- in fact it's even quicker than the rest of the plug ins.

That's awesome, glad to hear it!

having some issues with the social media stuff still :(

Could you post a new post on these forums stating the issue - then we can address it there :)