PDA

View Full Version : Social Gallery on Wordpress / Nextgen Gallery - Scan not starting

capitalphoto
03-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Hi
after installing Social Gallery on my wordpress installation incl. Nextgen Gallery I wanted - as said - to perform the first scan of my existing galleries.
I clicked "Start Full Scan" but nothing happens, I cant see any progress bar or an indication saying whats going all.
then I clicked "Start Quick Scan" with the same result.
It looks like this:

Image Library
Addon: Social Statistics
Image Library Updater
Last Update: Not yet updated
Library Size: 0 images
Unprocessed Posts & Pages (Quick Scan): 107 posts, 9 pages left to process.
Unprocessed Posts & Pages (Full Scan): 107 posts, 9 pages left to process

Any ideas what to do to bring it to do this scan???

capitalphoto
03-25-2013, 07:24 AM
Still no answer?
I can see a lot of unanswered threads here :mad:

doogy2223
04-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Still no answer?
I can see a lot of unanswered threads here :mad:

I am having the same issue... Kinda sux, I purchased this to promote images from a contest... Since the scan isnt working all the way all the images shared do not pull the proper image, making it pointless to have this. I wrote the developer and he has pointed me to this forum.... If someone finds a soloution can they respond.

Thanks

mikemayhem3030
04-30-2013, 07:11 AM
Hello

Sorry I've been away over the weekend back now though.

The scan should work it's way through the images it takes a little time though. I've not had a problem with it starting a scan, inbox me your admin login and I can take a look for you if you're certain its not working as it should (it works fine on all the installs I've seen / tried out so far).

jaabie
05-13-2013, 03:45 PM
I was having this problem in chrome, i moved to an other browser and everything worked ok...

StacieDAisy
05-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Hi! I'm having the same issues, I click the button and the scan doesn't progress!! I tried in Chrome and IE...I am running WP 3.4.1 and all I get is this!

Please help, this is an awesome plugin and I want to customize it! :)

StacieDAisy
05-14-2013, 02:11 PM
are there any special permissions needed to perform this scan? Does that plugin folder need to be able to write?

mikemayhem3030
05-14-2013, 11:16 PM
Why are you on WP 3.4.1? that may be an issue? there shouldn't be any permission issues as it just goes through the posts and updates the social gallery library.. (it adds to a DB)