PDA

View Full Version : Images not showing and facebook share option confusing

racket33
03-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Hi I recently brought your plugin and I can't get it to work.. website: http://www.picmephotoboothhire.co.uk/template/

The lightbox opens and then closes again. It works when I have the "use social gallery page" set to on. (something I don't want!) Please advise as I need this feature to work asap and I can't figure out what I have done wrong!

Also the "share to facebook" feature only seems to work when the "use gallery pages" option is activated. (surely not!) This means clients can't scroll through my gallery sharing and posting as I was hoping they would be able too. (the main reason I brought the plugin) Please advise as I'm at a bit of a loss!

cagdasa
03-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Hi it is same for me. I was using another gallery component in joomla which works with lightbox with hash index usage and with facebook like and comment options.and there is no confusion when you like a photo and make any comment on photos. when you like a photo in lighbox, correct thumbnail goes to the facebook and there is no problem of falling back to the related lightbox of image with hash usage.

I just bought this plugin cause I liked more lightbox design. Before buying, I really wanted to see if this hash index usage here is working same like my other component but in the light version of social gallery plugin, this option is disabled. So I decided to buy it cause I noticed that I can use it with hash index in the forums.

I can see that social sharing staff is working better when social gallery pages option enabled. But I dont want to use social gallery pages too. I have photograpy web site with lots of albums inside. So if I use social gallery pages, users from facebook are falling into a single image gallery page (social gallery page) which is not lightbox and they dont see anything about album. So obviously hash index usage is better for album pages cause people are redirected back to related album and related image with lighbox. so when they close lighbox they can see directly album page. and I definitely want to use with this option.

but here when we use hash index option,
1_ Related image thumnail is not going to the facebook when we like or make a comment on the photo.
2_ Likes are repeating for the other photos.
3_ hashes are invisible on the adress bar when we open lightbox.

I believe that there is a solution for this cause i can see that my other gallery component works without any problem with hash links and social share options.

matthew
03-26-2013, 08:28 PM
Hi racket33,

Thanks for posting here and thanks for your patience.

It looks like you've disabled the plugin at the moment so I cannot see the problem. Can you please let us know when the plugin is active?

Thanks,

Matthew