PDA

View Full Version : Problem using Social Gallery

quotedrive
03-22-2013, 01:11 AM
Hi,

I just setup social gallery on my site, however when I click on an image it opens quickly then closes quickly, can you help me troubleshoot this issue?

Here is my page: http://quotedrive.com/wp/portfolio

If you click an image it will close almost instantly.

quotedrive
03-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Hi,

I am still looking for help to resolve this issue, has anyone seen this happen before?

I am using the Word Press standard gallery.

cagdasa
03-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Hi quotedrive

I had the same issue. I dont know if it works for you. But I just did a fresh wordpress installation in other directory to see if it works. after fresh installation, I installed nexgen gallery and SG. Then it worked. So I dont know what was the problem. you can try it.

urbexjay
03-24-2013, 10:08 AM
I have the same problem using the wordpress gallery... I'dont want to reinstall erverything...
is there a solution fot this??

quotedrive
03-24-2013, 12:25 PM
thank you cagdasa,

like urbexjay, i am hoping to find a solution without needing to reinstall everything beucase i work need to rebuild a lot of work.

also, is nexgen required? i currently do not have this.

cagdasa
03-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Hi quotedrive. Nextgen is not required to use SG plugin. I just wanted to say I used these two plugin after fresh installation. I am lucky that I am at the beginning of work. So it was not a big work to reinstall everything. I can imagine after doing lots of work, it is quite pain to do everything from beginning.

matthew
03-26-2013, 10:40 PM
Hi quotedrive,

Thanks for your patience.

I've just taken a look at your site and can see you are using the 'Inbox' theme. The 'Inbox' theme appears to be using 'PrettyPhoto' lightbox which I think is conflicting with Social Gallery. Please disable 'PrettyPhoto' in your theme. If you're not sure how to do this, you may need to contact your themes developer. Usually scripts such as this are loaded from within your themes 'functions.php' file - so it might be worth checking there.

Thanks,

Matthew

quotedrive
03-30-2013, 02:04 PM
thank you, what resolved the issue is i needed to go into my gallery and change it to media url from attachement.

however, the catch is by default my gallery was set to Media URL, so I switched it to attachment, saved it, then switched back to media url and save again - then it worked.

now i do have a new problem, when i click "like" after logging in to facebook, i do not see it appear on my newsfeed.

mikemayhem3030
03-31-2013, 09:55 AM
Hello,

Yeah the media format will always need to be media url in the current version. It cannot open an attachment page in the lightbox.

Is not being able to see the like on your newsfeed a facebook thing? They sometimes keep some things off the main part of your news feed and but it in a 'likes' area not directly on your timeline (I've had this issue before).

Mike