PDA

View Full Version : Link back from facebook

andyf
03-21-2013, 03:36 PM
If I choose image URL in he settings for facebook it send me back to a single image on a page.

If I choose page URL it sends me back to the gallery. However on this setting it doesn't send my image to facebook only my company logo

Is this correct?

matthew
03-26-2013, 08:55 PM
Hi andyf,

Yes, this is the intended result. How were you expecting the 'Fallback URL' to behave?

Thanks,

Matthew

andyf
03-26-2013, 09:06 PM
Hi,

I was hoping to have social integration like you show on your website.

The social pages doesn't work. When I upload my images to nextgen gallery the scan won't scan the images. I even put the gallery on a post page. It only scans images placed in a post.

If it can't scan then images they don't go into the social gallery and social pages doesn't work.

Do you have a solution to why it won't scan next gen gallery?

andyf
03-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Hi,

I was hoping to have social integration like you show on your website.

The social pages doesn't work. When I upload my images to nextgen gallery the scan won't scan the images. I even put the gallery on a post page. It only scans images placed in a post.

If it can't scan then images they don't go into the social gallery and social pages doesn't work.

Therefore my only option was fall back url. I thought it could at least go back to the gallery rather than a dead page with an image.

Do you have a solution to why it won't scan next gen gallery?

I really want this plugin to work

matthew
03-26-2013, 09:41 PM
Hi andyf,

Social Gallery should pick up NextGen Gallery images. Can you please try re-downloading the latest version of the plugin and re-test?

It appears that the incorrect files were uploaded to CodeCanyon for Social Gallery 2.1 - We have now updated the files downloadable via CodeCanyon in the last couple of days.

Please let us know how you get on and if you're still stuck we can try something else.

Thanks,

Matthew

andyf
03-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Hi Matthew,

I've tried the new upload. It still doesn't work. Even though I deleted and reinstalled the plugin it seems to have kept a memory of images it has scanned.

Is there a way of totally deleting social gallery and its cache so I can do a clean install.

I don't really want to go to the bother of building a brand new website for one plugin.

If the social pages never worked then I would take second best and would be happy if the image shared on facebook would at least go back to the gallery page rather than a single image on a webpage

The issue is obviously the library scan. As I mentioned it adds any blog images to the social gallery library but not the next gen images.

Kind regards,

Andy

matthew
03-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Hi andyf,

Please try deleting the records from the database tables 'wp_socialgallery_imagelinks' and 'wp_socialgallery_images' via PHPMyAdmin. This will remove any images from the library and you should then be able to re-scan. Alternatively, please 'drop' the above tables via PHP and re-install the plugin again.

Thanks,

Matthew

andyf
03-27-2013, 04:59 PM
I deleted the databases, reinstalled a brand new downloaded copy of social gallery

The plugin works perfectly if I add a single image to a post.

If I add an image to next gen gallery it still won't scan it. I've tried social gallery on every single mode.

Should I just have it on next gen gallery mode or all content. I've tried both though to no avail.

The issue is definitely a gallery scan issue with next gen.

Any ideas?

Hi andyf,

Please try deleting the records from the database tables 'wp_socialgallery_imagelinks' and 'wp_socialgallery_images' via PHPMyAdmin. This will remove any images from the library and you should then be able to re-scan. Alternatively, please 'drop' the above tables via PHP and re-install the plugin again.

Thanks,

Matthew

andyf
03-27-2013, 04:59 PM
I've also added next gen gallery to post page

andyf
03-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Have you got a test site with next gen working with your plugin?

woods
03-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Hi andyf,

At the bottom of the examples page there's all the gallery setups:
http://www.socialgalleryplugin.com/social-gallery-examples/

Next Gen is here:
http://www.socialgalleryplugin.com/social-gallery-nextgen-gallery-example/

... it definitely does work, though it's not directly linked to the NextGen gallery database - so it requires you to put the images into pages for the scanner to find them. Updating/publishing a post should fire an update for a particular page also.

I've also sent this to your email in response to your question there - I'm mostly posting this here for other people who are interested :)

Cheers