PDA

View Full Version : Show Comment Box Hidden Issue

skylacking
03-20-2013, 06:01 PM
Hello, Great plugin, however I am having an issue with the facebook comments box.
Please see the following link. THe comment box is too high up, and is being blocked by the social icons.

I believe I have tried many different options.

http://carnivalinfo.com/gallery21/?show=gallery&nggpage=2

skylacking
03-22-2013, 08:59 PM
I had to temporarily disable plugin, as I noticed it was slowing down the website, on back end and front end.

but here is a screen shot of the issue. you can see the comments box. http://carnivalinfo.com/sitenew/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/problem-with-the-comment-box-1024x713.jpg

matthew
03-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Hi skylacking,

Thanks for posting here.

Unfortunately your screenshot link does not load, however I've been able to see the issue on your website.

It looks like it's being caused by the Facebook post comments plugin you are using as both the comments plugin and Social Gallery are using the same CSS classes eg. 'fbFeedbackContent'.

Try disabling the comments plugin and see if the alignment is better.

If you'd like to run both plugins, you would need to add some custom CSS to alter the alignment. If you need a little help with this, please let us know.

Thanks,

Matthew

skylacking
03-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Hi Matthew thank you for taking a look. Unfortunately, that wasn't the issue. I installed that facebook comments plugin after I installed Social gallery in hopes it would fix the issue. I have disabled it. If you can take another look.

Perhaps I can try adding the custom css you mentioned. Just let me know what I should add, and where to add it. Thanks again.

matthew
03-27-2013, 04:07 PM
Hi skylacking,

It appears that you have some custom CSS added to your CSS file 'style_main.css' which is affecting the Facebook comments part.

You will need to add the following CSS to rectify the issue:

.fb-comments {margin-top: 0px;}
#sgBlogTitle img {margin-top: 0px;}

Hope this helps,

Matthew

skylacking
03-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Hey, thanks a mil that did the trick

woods
03-29-2013, 10:08 AM
Hey, thanks a mil that did the trick

Glad you got this one sorted :)