PDA

View Full Version : Quick/Full Scan doesn't work

darkmind79
03-19-2013, 05:12 PM
I bought the plugin a few days ago and still can't get it to work properly. Installation and upgrade to v2.1 went fine (at least no error message was shown).

Social Gallery Mode is set to "All content images". Now I'm trying to run a (first) quick or a full scan, but neither of them seem to work. When I click on the button(s), nothing happens...

cybohmoob
03-19-2013, 07:12 PM
Do you have any images,posts, or pages to scan?

Is this a clean Wordpress installation?

darkmind79
03-19-2013, 09:16 PM
yes, there are 10+ pages and 3 posts to scan (although they do not include any pictures yet). but there are 59 pics in the nextGEN gallery.

what exactly do you mean with "clean" wordpress installation? (sorry, i'm new to wordpress) :)

fuegofrio
03-21-2013, 07:58 PM
I am not able to run the full scan, this is what i get http://www.fuegofrio.com/wp-content/gallery/sg-gallery-notworking.JPG

capitalphoto
03-25-2013, 08:05 AM
With my installation the scan even doesn't start. Wether the quick nor the full scan are starting. When I click one of both just nothing happens. I'm stuck...

Tomsailor
03-25-2013, 10:50 AM
You mean that you're stuck at step 3, i.e. building the pages? I posted a thread about that yesterday. I my case, it tells me that the scan is complete but whenever I access the set up pages to do further adjustments, I see step three again. It's like an endless loop...

capitalphoto
03-25-2013, 11:24 AM
In my case it's not a loop: In step three it's telling me that it found 107 galleries to index. Then I have to choose which scan I wanna do (quick or full). I can click what ever I want, nothing happens. I tried to disable and re-enable the plugin with the result to start over until same thing happens again. Before I bought the premium-version, I tried with the Lite-Version of the plugin, which works fine.

woods
03-25-2013, 03:43 PM
Hi capitalphoto et all,

There does seem to be a few issues here. 1. Social Gallery can only find linked images in posts/pages, sometimes however a specific type of page/post seems to knock it over mid scan. This is an issue I'm trying to tackle in tomorrows update, however it's a difficult one to analyse as it could be any number of other things you have installed colliding with the way the scanner runs. If however you are clicking run scan and then it's not even animating the progress bar then perhaps you have a browser issue - having high security levels (not allowing iframes and javascript) or plugins like noscript will cause issues with the scanner.

Please do let me know if your scan starts at all and what browser you are using.

@Tomsailor - this sounds like it's stuck on one last page/post, it's probably safe to ignore this, though if you have any idea what page or post might be bespoke/custom and causing it issues it'd be really helpful if you could share!

capitalphoto
03-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Hi Woods

I'm using Firefox and Safari on my Mac (both browsers javascript and iframes allowed) and I never had security issues so far.
As you said: not even the progress bar displays. just NOTHING happens when I click run scan.

andyf
03-26-2013, 09:27 AM
I have a similar issue with scan

Full scan works great for any images I add to posts but doesn't scan ANY images I add to Next Gen gallery page.

I really love the look and feel of this plugin but I just wish it would work!

andyf
03-26-2013, 10:33 AM
I've now put my next gen gallery on a post rather than a page.
I thought this would solve the issue but the full scan works either straight away or never.

matthew
03-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Hi all,

Please re-download the latest version of the plugin from CodeCanyon and re-test. Please come back to us if the issues are still occurring.

@andyf, Have you added your NextGen gallery to a post or page at all? Or have you just created and added images to a gallery within your WordPress admin?

Thanks,

Matthew

capitalphoto
03-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Hi
now it's almost working like it should. The full scan performed fully! :D
Now at the bottom of my pages there is an error message saying "Param height must be a number" surrounded by a red border.
Have a look at www.capital-photo.ch
Any suggestions?

andyf
03-27-2013, 02:11 PM
I have added the next gen gallery to a post and a page.

If I add an image to a post it scans it automatically.

If I add an image to Nextgen gallery it doesn't scan.

I have deleted the social gallery and uploaded the new version like you said.

The cache of images in social gallery image library didn't refresh when I did this.

I have even tried you plugin on a photocrati theme that owns nextgen gallery and the problem is the same.

Kind regards,

Andy

Hi all,

Please re-download the latest version of the plugin from CodeCanyon and re-test. Please come back to us if the issues are still occurring.

@andyf, Have you added your NextGen gallery to a post or page at all? Or have you just created and added images to a gallery within your WordPress admin?

Thanks,

Matthew

matthew
03-27-2013, 03:59 PM
@ capitalphoto,

I've just taken a look at your site and cannot see any error message within a red border. Can you please provide a specific link to the error?

Thanks,

Matthew

matthew
03-27-2013, 04:08 PM
@ andyf,

I'm going to need to speak to Woody about this. Please bear with us and either myself or Woody will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks for your patience with this matter.

Matthew

capitalphoto
03-28-2013, 07:49 AM
Very strange, I only see the error on a windows vista pc with internet explorer.
on iPad and Mac (firefox and safari) the message doesnt show up.
Have a look:

Any ideas?

Edit: All seems to be ok now: I cleared all the cache from this machine and the error is gone!

woods
03-29-2013, 09:47 AM
Hi capitalphoto,

Great to hear - browser cache can make so many things seem broken at times :)

Cheers