PDA

View Full Version : Fallback URL problem

vlaci
03-16-2013, 10:13 PM
Hello

After the 2.1 update:

I have a problem when falling back to the image from FB which I Liked.
I receive the following error -
Fatal error: Call to undefined function socialGallery_permalinkedUrl() in /home/parfumle/public_html/hrisskas.com/wp-content/plugins/codecanyon-2665332-social-gallery-wordpress-photo-viewer-plugin/templates/single-social-gallery-image.php on line 32

URL: hrisskas.com

thanks.

fotoglut
03-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Same with Twitter.....
i tweet a Pic and get that Message after following the Link i tweet...

matthew
03-17-2013, 11:21 PM
Hi vlaci, fotoglut,

I will raise this with Woody and see what he says, please bear with us.

Thanks,

Matthew

vlaci
03-23-2013, 07:45 PM
Hello

this is what I see in FB news feed when somebody Likes a picture - 26

I have updated to the second version of v2.1.
The link is working actually, but there is no thumbnail and the title is not OK.

Thanks

woods
03-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Hi All,

Could you all please confirm that you are running the very latest version (there was a faulty v2.1 issue as I assume you experienced vlaci) - could you all confirm you have installed this since last Thurs? If not please do re-download and update and then share your experiences. I've booked out time to release a v2.2 tomorrow so I can address these little bits.

@vlaci - your site seems to be showing up fine for me now? http://www.hrisskas.com/social-gallery/irina-shayk-intimissimi-ad-2009-hrisskas-style - is this resolved?

vlaci
03-25-2013, 05:52 PM
Hi woods

Yes I reinstalled the plugin, I downloaded it again 2 days ago (in saturday).

Now the first issue is solved ( there is no more .. """"Fatal error: Call to undefined function socialGallery_permalinkedUrl() in /home/parfumle/public_html/hrisskas.com/wp-content/plugins/codecanyon-2665332-social-gallery-wordpress-photo-viewer-plugin/templates/single-social-gallery-image.php on line 32 """")

*But the problem now is that in the Facebook News feed you can see that there is no Thumbnail of the liked picture and also its Title and description are not good (please see the file which I attached in my previous reply)

the description appears as - : Call to undefined function socialGallery_permalinkedURL() in home/parfumle/public_html......

try and like a picture and see what appears in your activity feed.

Thanks

woods
03-27-2013, 07:53 AM
Hi vlaci,

I've just gone on to hrisskas.com and found a picture, liked it and then commented, it shows up just fine in my news feed:

...And it should, because it's pointing to this page: http://www.hrisskas.com/social-gallery/gucci-forever-now-ad-campaign-hrisskas-style which is correct?

What might be happening is facebook could be storing a cached version of the page you had this issue on which is now resolved, but facebook is still using the old Meta Open Graph data (broken ones.)

What specific URL did you share to recreate that issue?

vlaci
03-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Hi woods,

1.When I comment on a picture - sometimes fails to publish in FB, sometimes it publishes.

2.when I just like a picture - does not appear in the activity feed. After some trys on other pictures sometimes it appears but without a thumbnail
32 33

Also only the Like does not appear in the news feed but only in Recent Activity - Is that normal?

thanks

woods
03-29-2013, 10:11 AM
Hi vlaci,

I think in the majority of cases this comes down to Facebooks belief in the URL - and it's algorhythms for showing things (provided you have an App ID rigged up appropriately) - it'll also show for your friends (if fb wants it to) rather than for you. Certainly it seems to work fine for me.

With regards the lack/showing of thumbnails. This all comes down to your settings. Ultimately Facebook grabs whatever URL it's associated with the like/comment and uses the info/image from that URL. If you have Social Gallery Pages turned off and are using fallback urls such as Hash Indexes of "Page or Post URLS" then your only going to see the post URLs meta data facebook side. This is why I'd advise using Social Gallery Pages.

Cheers