PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in installation wizard after 2.1

evelryu
03-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Hi, i upgraded the plugin from 2.0 via FTP overwriting, at first it looked like it worked, but the lightbox aren't showing, even with social gallery set on justified image grid and the justified iage grid set on social gallery.

So i tried a clean install, deleted the old folder and uploaded the new, but many strange old messages appear:

Welcome to Social Gallery! Please Click Here to finish the installation.

A new version of Social Gallery has been released! Get version 2.0

Social Gallery: Work started on v2.1 update and kick ass addons!

And on the wizards it just loops from the last step to the first again (where i heave to put my envato username).

Can you tell me what i'm doing wrong?

woods
03-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Hi Evelryu,

Did you download this within the past hour or so - it's not been out long - are you certain you have v2.1 (It'll tell you in the readme.txt)?

Please do check your version, and then try a deactivate + delete then reinstall the normal way:

For all users upgrading to v2.1, I would also recommend you always deactivate + delete via Plugins screen rather than just ftp copying...

There's advice here: http://www.socialgalleryplugin.com/social-gallery-v2-1-released/

evelryu
03-15-2013, 03:18 PM
It is the new, i check the readme and it's also show as 2.1 on plugins page.

I also tried to delete and install via admin but the result was the same.

BuitenAardig
03-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Hi there, I'm experiencing the same problem. After uploading the files trough FTP (new install), he keeps bumping me back to the first step of the wizard. So the last step I get is 'Do a full scan' or 'Go to settings' and no matter wich one I choose, I keep getting bumped back to 'fill in your e-mail' and 'Themeforest Username'.

Working location: http://murphyslawhengelo.nl.buitenaardig.hostingxs.nl/
Wordpress version: WordPress 3.5.1. (Dutch) NL
Plugin version: 2.1

captusimago
03-15-2013, 04:18 PM
I've got the same issue and I did remove the plugin and installed the new version via the regular plugin installation in Wordpress. Please fix and help!

captusimago
03-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Btw..... Justified Image Grid seems to not work the way it's supposed to with this update:(

BuitenAardig
03-15-2013, 04:21 PM
I've got the same issue and I did remove the plugin and installed the new version via the regular plugin installation in Wordpress.
I thought you could only download the 'lite' version of the plugin?

fuegofrio
03-15-2013, 05:19 PM
I have the same problem, it just keeps looping on the installation. once I get to "go to setting" and click on it, it just takes back to the login again!!!! please fix

jts2005
03-15-2013, 05:30 PM
Btw..... Justified Image Grid seems to not work the way it's supposed to with this update:(

hasn't worked at all since the 2.0 update. for me at least.

kn100
03-15-2013, 05:38 PM
I have the same problem, it just keeps looping on the installation. once I get to "go to setting" and click on it, it just takes back to the login again!!!! please fix

When I go to view the "Image Library", I consistently receive the following error: "Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/..."

Please provide a fix as soon as possible; I run a gallery site, and due to this problem, I do not have a gallery anymore. The site is unusable because of this problem.

jvoorman
03-15-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm stuck in the install loop too! What's going on? I need this fixed asap!!

ShaunJ
03-16-2013, 05:52 AM
Well, thank god I read this and didn't install the broken update.

marconyf
03-16-2013, 01:02 PM
The Administrator does not respond! This is lack of respect!

RustaLenin
03-16-2013, 01:18 PM
When I go to view the "Image Library", I consistently receive the following error: "Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/..."

Please provide a fix as soon as possible; I run a gallery site, and due to this problem, I do not have a gallery anymore. The site is unusable because of this problem.

Maybe you should install old version before they fix this bug?

evelryu
03-16-2013, 03:33 PM
The Administrator does not respond! This is lack of respect!
He probably working on fix, but looks like it needs a lot of improvement. By the messages, looks like that are still useless code of older versions in it.

matthew
03-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Hi everyone,

We're currently investigating this. Please bear with us and either myself or Woody will get back to all regarding this ASAP.

Thanks for your patience.

Matthew

unixica
03-18-2013, 03:48 AM
What I - as a new user - am disappointed about, is that obviously from all the shouting on this thread (and other similar threads) you knew about this problem, but you did not post something to the "purchase page" of the plugin to warn new users. I wasted a couple of hours because I thought I was doing something wrong -- it's meant to be a pretty straight forward installation out of the box after all. One does not expect a product (with all the hype you have built around it on your website) to just crash upon installation.

Hi everyone,

We're currently investigating this. Please bear with us and either myself or Woody will get back to all regarding this ASAP.

Thanks for your patience.

Matthew

Eugene
03-18-2013, 04:20 AM
What I - as a new user - am disappointed about, is that obviously from all the shouting on this thread (and other similar threads) you knew about this problem, but you did not post something to the "purchase page" of the plugin to warn new users. I wasted a couple of hours because I thought I was doing something wrong -- it's meant to be a pretty straight forward installation out of the box after all. One does not expect a product (with all the hype you have built around it on your website) to just crash upon installation.

Relax!!

Obviously it's all been working fine until this latest update, and the hype was justified. Everyone can mess up though. And you're not helping the situation with your anger and criticism.

unixica
03-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Well I am glad you decided to edit your post and use better language -- the language I received in the email from you was uncalled for. I understand that everyone can mess up, at the same time I don't think criticism should be omitted when the first post on this page is from January, and on some other similar pages from December, and now we are in mid March. I don't think it is too much to expect to have seen a note on the purchase page of the plugin if a show-stopper bug exists in the product, known for three months.

Relax!!

Obviously it's all been working fine until this latest update, and the hype was justified. Everyone can mess up though. And you're not helping the situation with your anger and criticism.

matthew
03-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Hi unixica,

Thanks for posting in our forums.

This thread is about a new found issue with the latest version of Social Gallery (version 2.1) which was released only last week. We are putting all our efforts into investigating and resolving the issue above (Stuck in installation wizard after 2.1).

If you have other issues, please create your own forum topic and detail them there.

We more than welcome any feedback or criticism, however please try to be polite when doing so and try to get your facts right before posting - the first post on this page is from the 15th March 2013 (January is when the initial poster joined the forums). Lots of users have been very happy with Social Gallery version 2.0 since it's release and we decided to bring out 2.1 to offer various improvements and feature requests. Unfortunately the recent update to 2.1 has brought a few issues to our attention. Please rest assured that we are working day and night to resolve this.

Thank you for you patience.

Matthew

unixica
03-18-2013, 07:55 PM
My apologies... I was reading "join date" as the post date. Have I been less than polite in anything I have posted though?!

unixica
03-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Independently -- how can I get version 2.0 while this problem is being worked on? I need sharing on the photos of my website, and the photos are time sensitive. If I do not publish them tonight there will be no point in publishing at all.

cagdasa
03-19-2013, 12:47 PM
I have the same request with unixica. Why dont you keep the version 2.0 in codecanyon.net until fixing this issue. I can understand there can be issues in new version and sure that that you will fix it. but I don't understand that why you still keep this problematic version in sale in codecanyon.net. People are still buying and getting upset with this new version cause they cant use it in anyway.

levivene
03-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Hi,

I just got the product and now I am waiting for get this working. Same looping problem. Very dissapointed and a waste of time. Hope you will find a solution soon or I want my monwy back.

Thanks!

unixica
03-19-2013, 06:08 PM
As I said my need was time sensitive. I don't know why a show stopper problem that prevents even basic installation is not resolved yet, but you know your product better than anyone and I hope that you can eventually fix it. I am disappointed though that you did not provide the previous version, so that at least people like me have a work around.

I can't wait longer and I am moving to a different plugin. Please refund my purchase.

honorbound
03-19-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm having this same issue. I get all the way through the install, to the step where it says, Do full Image Scan and Go Directly to Settings. I click on one of those and it takes me back to the start of the setup wizard. It was a fresh install (though, it was after I installed the lite version and then removed it to install the Pro version.)

Is there an update on the update? Or is there a way to get Version 2.0 for the time being? This is the last thing I need in order to launch my site.

Thanks.

evelryu
03-20-2013, 01:21 PM
Why it is taking so long? Any previsions on the fix?

matthew
03-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Hi all,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you on this.

It appears there was an issue with the version of Social Gallery that was uploaded to CodeCanyon. We've now re-uploaded the correct version and these issues should now be resolved.

@ Unixca, If you feel you would still like a refund, please contact the Envato support team from the CodeCanyon website as we cannot authorise refunds ourselves.

Thanks,

Matthew

levivene
03-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Where is the right link to download the right version?

Thanks!

matthew
03-27-2013, 04:56 PM
@ levivene

The correct link is now on CodeCanyon.

Thanks,

Matthew