PDA

View Full Version : standard wordpress comments system

Andreaxxx
03-14-2013, 02:53 PM
i was wondering if it possible somehow to use the standard wordpress comments, instead of disqus/facebook.

thanks!

RustaLenin
03-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Yep. I want it too.

matthew
03-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Hi Andreaxxx, RustaLenin,

You should be able to utilise the WordPress comments system by using WordPress 'Posts' (if your theme has a comment form displayed on Posts.

Unfortunately, Social Gallery only allows commenting to Social networks (ie. Facebook).

Thanks,

Matthew

RustaLenin
03-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Unfortunately, Social Gallery only allows commenting to Social networks (ie. Facebook).

Look, you use 2 comment systems.
First - Facebook comments
Second - Disqus comment system what allow you log in from facebook, twitter, google and yahaoo

BUT, in our world a lot more social networks, from which you can log. And a lot of bloggers use livejournal.

And the possible solution for all. not for only facebook users, is using such plugins like "loginza" what allow you to log from a lot of more social networks, for example:
google, facebook, twitter, livejournal, steam, webmoney, verisign, linkedin, yandex, vk.com, mail.ru, AOL and other

And this system works with standart wordpress comment's. You hust log to wordpress from yours social network and it show's you network (by ico) and link for your account into this nework them you write a standart wordpress commnts. Very useful solution for all, not only for users facebook or other network.

So, WordPress comments - is more sociable solution, them comments only from 1 or 4 social networks.

That's why you should to include basic comment system of wordpres, or, just say, how we can to do this by myself.

matthew
03-17-2013, 11:13 PM
Hi Andreaxxx, RustaLenin,

Please feel free to raise a feature request for this functionality:

http://forum.socialgalleryplugin.com/forumdisplay.php/8-Social-Gallery-Feature-Requests

Thanks,

Matthew

RustaLenin
03-18-2013, 01:08 AM
Maybe, just replace this post in to feature request section ?

cybohmoob
03-19-2013, 05:30 AM
But that's why it's called Social Gallery.
If we were to use the wordpress system we wouldn't even need SG am I right? It would defeat the purpose of calling it that or using the FACEBOOK API. SG is mainly a FaceBook API commenting system based off FaceBook's Api.

Aside from that it's also it's better to have more SOCIAL buttons of all kinds be on the PAGE rather than a LightBox otherwise it would bloat the LightBox and loading it every time would take a while because each Social link has to loadup or contact it's server.

Just use the default LightBox and let users comment on the post of the image which is simple to do.

If you really want a WordPress Commenting Gallery, you could do it easily using iframe.
Just make a Master Page that contains 8 iframes. Each having it's own POST that contains just 1 POST PIC and it should automatically have it's very own WordPress commenting. You could add Social Links easily to that.

That's what I did a while back. Worked like a charm. I'll see if I can find my Guide for that. I'll post it when I do.