PDA

View Full Version : How to remove Facebook Social Plugin Link at the footer

photaust
03-05-2013, 09:30 PM
How do we remove the FB Socla Plugin Link that resolves at http://developers.facebook.com/plugins/?footer=1 ???

Deepabysm
03-06-2013, 05:41 PM
I guess he meant the link to the Facebook social plugin site, displayed below the ocmment box in the Lightbox. There is a little Facebook icon and next to it is written "Facebook social plugin".

photaust
03-06-2013, 07:22 PM
I guess he meant the link to the Facebook social plugin site, displayed below the ocmment box in the Lightbox. There is a little Facebook icon and next to it is written "Facebook social plugin".

Thank you Deepabysm,

That is correct :)

photaust
03-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Thank you for your speedy reply Matthew, I have attached screen shot.

Appreciate your assistance.

Regards

Anthony

matthew
03-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Hi Anthony,

Sorry for the delay on getting back to you on this. I've asked Woody (woods) look at your query and he should get back to you soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Matthew

woods
03-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Hi All,

@Deepabysm & Matthew, thanks for helping out here.

@phaust, this one is Facebook's very own link - it comes with the comments plugin which is used as part of Social Gallery. Unfortunately it's not simply "hackable" out. For mobile I've explored lots of options to get Facebook Comments to work in house (negating the requirement for using their comments plugin) - but they've locked everything down in terms of API calling for comments so as to make it very hacky to create a custom version of their comments plugin.

In short - it's an unavoidable facebook footer link I am afraid, its out of the jurisdiction of Social Gallery :(

Hopefully in future facebook will open up its comments API endpoints so we can write this all specifically for Social Gallery.

cybohmoob
03-14-2013, 03:03 AM
Wood's is correct. I tried everything to HACK this one out and it appears that the API is locked server side so we can't even HIDE their link because it's on their server. Basically it's generated there. I will keep at this HACK and see what I can come up with. Wish me luck.

matthew
03-18-2013, 12:31 AM
Good luck! ;)

cybohmoob
03-18-2013, 06:33 PM
LoL. I tried using a Layer and positioning it over that spot with MAX z-index and still no good. Even tried to EDIT it out from the API JS file. No good.

Looks like this is a server side FIX. Nothing we can do about this API link.

I am done.

It's not hide-able.

photaust
03-18-2013, 10:48 PM
Thank you to all for your replies to this.
I appreciate all your comments.
Mmmm ... Tis very annoying. It would be ok if the link was something useful but would be totally irrelevant for most users :(

Cheers !

cybohmoob
03-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Yeah I agree. This link spoils the EPIC'ness of SG. It's bad enough wordpress websites are struggling to keep it's users, we can't really afford to have any external links for them to run off to. LoL.

In my opinion this link is simply FACEBOOK trying to get people over there who are not on facebook. Chances are folks click on it, goto FaceBook and register. Just my opinion. BOoHoo.