PDA

View Full Version : How do I set the description photograph?

Grishko
03-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Currently, I can only see in the gallery picture captions, but I see no descriptions. How do I set image descriptions?

woods
03-05-2013, 08:55 AM
Hi Grishko,

Social Gallery works by showing the "title" attribute from the link around the image as the description, you'll need to get these set up for them to be pulled across into Social Gallery.

In a future version I may be able to offer a more comprehensive way to get descriptions filled out :)

Cheers

W

andyf
03-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Hi Woody,

In the examples of images on your home page you seem to have descriptions on them.

For example:

Check out this amazing photograph looking over the mountains. You are viewing this in Social Gallery - The Ultimate Social Lightbox for WordPress!

How did you do this?

On mine it will only show the name of the saved jpeg when I attempt to do this

Kind regards,

Andy

andyf
03-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Hi Woody,

I use Next Gen uploader to allow my members to upload images to the gallery. This only asks for a description and not the title when uploading images.

Can you recommend a wordpress image uploader that would compliment your pluggin?

Kind regards,

Andy

matthew
03-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Hi Andy,

I can't really advise you on other plugins that would allow your users to upload images and fill in the title. However, I did find this:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-nextgen-public-uploader-collect-a-title-for-an-uploaded-imge

Perhaps you could speak with the author of NextGen to see if this is available yet?

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Matthew