PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Social Gallery Page Template

RockinRolla
03-01-2013, 04:46 AM
Hi,
I have just joined the forum as I am having a major issue with the Social Gallery Pages not showing my website header, buttons and also messing up the style of my page on the pages it is creating.
Here is a link to a test post I did to FB and the page it has created.
http://www.templedesign.com.au/social-gallery/infinity-pool

And a link to my standard page with proper style etc.
http://www.templedesign.com.au/test-page/

Please advise how I can fix this issue.
Thanks!

RockinRolla
03-01-2013, 05:39 AM
Or can you let me know what code is required to show the image, comments etc.
I could add this code into a standard theme page if this would work. I would just need advice on where to put the code, I would assume it would go under div id="wrapper"?
Thanks!

Deepabysm
03-01-2013, 11:39 AM
I guess your problem is related to your theme. Try another theme and see whether it gets displayed correctly. If yes, you know at least what the problem is. However, it won't really fix the issue unless you are willing to change your theme.

RockinRolla
03-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Changing the theme is not going to happen, the theme stays its the plugin that will go if it wont work.
Its probably an easy fix, I just need to know what code is actually required and I will insert it into a standard theme page php file, which should do the trick.
It looks like version 2.1 will fix my issue anyway after reading bout some of the improvements.

Deepabysm
03-01-2013, 11:27 PM
I did not want you to change your theme permanently, it would just state if it's in the css or something of your theme or something else! :)

RockinRolla
03-02-2013, 04:10 AM
Yes I understand, I will wait for the developer to reply and have a look and see if he has an ideas why its not displaying properly with my current theme.

woods
03-05-2013, 07:53 AM
Hi RockinRolla,

I think I've replied to your question via email, please do let me know there or here if this continues to be an issue or if I can help further.

@Deepabysm, thanks for being really helpful here :)

sql84
03-24-2013, 07:54 AM
In my case it would be fine to open page with fullpage.php
At the moment picture is not in the middle but on the left, hidden behind the menu, with no background, so it looks not good.
http://psiafryzurka.pl/social-gallery/georgia-psi-fryzjer-snow-star

matthew
03-26-2013, 10:44 PM
@RockinRolla @sql84

I've just taken a look at both your sites and can confirm that these issues are being caused by poorly coded themes (please do not take any offence). Please test by temporarily changing themes to a default WordPress theme such as Twenty Ten/Twenty Twelve. If it then works, this will confirm it is the theme at fault.

Thanks,

Matthew

sql84
03-28-2013, 08:51 AM
Absolutely no offense Matthew. Its good to know thats the theme issue. I think, on weekend I will create test page for plugin and try to figure out whats wrong.

woods
03-29-2013, 10:00 AM
Absolutely no offense Matthew. Its good to know thats the theme issue. I think, on weekend I will create test page for plugin and try to figure out whats wrong.

Hi sql84,

Thanks for endeavouring to keep Social Gallery :) I can also assure that 99% of situations I've seen like this is just a theme that's not using the standard WordPress setup as advised. It's always resolvable too - the fix is to take the "template file" and a theme page template and effectively lace the two together.

I'll be doing a blog post on this soon :) http://www.socialgalleryplugin.com/blog/

There's so many themes, though I might start a new thread with templates that fix specific themes - so if any of you do write custom template files please do post them to me :)

Cheers All.

RockinRolla
03-30-2013, 10:06 AM
Woody has helped me get it working with my theme, Thanks for the great help Woody!
All it took was inserting the code into a standard page template from my theme and saving a custom social gallery page template. Poorly coded is a matter of opinion, this is an extremely highly rated theme so there are thousand of users that would disagree with you, me being one of them.

mikemayhem3030
03-31-2013, 09:38 AM
Awesome :) glad it's working for you.