PDA

View Full Version : for ever and ever 'Unprocessed Posts & Pages (Full Scan): 6 pages left to process.'

captusimago
02-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Hi all,

any idea why even after 2 days and nights the image library updater is still nog finished.

Thx

mikemayhem3030
02-27-2013, 12:10 AM
That's pretty odd. I have no idea. My only thought would be have you (or someone) deleted some pages between installing Social Gallery and running the scan? Maybe it's trying to find some pages which are no longer there.

I've never had this bug though, so can't help more than general musings!

matthew
02-27-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi captusimago,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you on this, I need to speak to woods about this for you as I've not seen this before. Please bear with us and either myself of woods will get back to you soon.

Thanks,

Matthew

BrianP
03-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Hi all,

any idea why even after 2 days and nights the image library updater is still nog finished.

Thx

Mine is doing exactly the same thing. Processed 30 of 31 then hangs indefinitely. I'll stand by for fix. :) Love the plugin btw!

woods
03-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Hi All,

This one is a peculiar one - not entirely sure what the problem is.

Could I ask you two (BrianP + CaptusImago) to share which plugins you have installed? Do you have anything particularly custom going in to your posts? ... I would guess its a single post/page that somehow doesn't process correctly..

BrianP
03-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Hi All,

This one is a peculiar one - not entirely sure what the problem is.

Could I ask you two (BrianP + CaptusImago) to share which plugins you have installed? Do you have anything particularly custom going in to your posts? ... I would guess its a single post/page that somehow doesn't process correctly..

I've attached an image of the plugins list. Wasn't sure of a better way to do this (other than just typing them all.)
Not sure what may be "custom" in the posts.

I'm fairly new to WP and have mostly built my site using wysiwig helpers and plugins for coded functionality. I am a php amateur. Site is www.anazaosalon.com

mayurj
03-06-2013, 07:10 PM
I'm also having this issue. Scan just keeps saying 1 pages left to process.

BrianP
03-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Since the update engine knows how many pages it's processed and what it has left when it hangs, isn't there some way for us to view a log of the errors to get some idea of where things are going wrong. If not I'd say this would be a much needed feature request.

mayurj
03-08-2013, 12:25 AM
Is there something we change in the database? Maybe delete or alter a row somewhere? Or maybe you can tell us how this plugin is architected so that we can troubleshoot?

Thanks

mayurj
03-08-2013, 12:57 AM
I'm trying to troubleshoot this myself. Sharing my finding here for you DB and Tech heads. So far, I have determined that the pages left to process on the update engine page is determined in the plugin code by...

1. Grabbing the ID of all published post posts from the WP DB
2. Grabbing the ID of all published page posts from the WP DB
3. Comparing the IDs above grabbed from the WP DB and then comparing to another special table created called wp_socialgallery_postupdates which notes down which pages have been processed.

That's all I know so far. I can't figure it out why the update engine doesn't get through the cycle but the information here might help get us an answer. I really hope this get's solved soon as I want to launch this site for my client tonight.

Some Queries you can run
Just for fun, here are some queries you can run on your DB safely. You need phpMyAdmin or similar SQL level access to run this query.

1. Give you a count all Wordpress pages that need processing still:

SELECT COUNT(ID) FROM wp_posts WHERE post_type = 'page' AND post_status = 'publish' AND ID NOT IN (SELECT sg_postid FROM wp_socialgallery_postupdates WHERE sg_postid = ID AND sg_lastupdateddate = post_modified)

2. Give you the ID of all Wordpress pages that need processing still

SELECT ID FROM wp_posts WHERE post_type = 'page' AND post_status = 'publish' AND ID NOT IN (SELECT sg_postid FROM wp_socialgallery_postupdates WHERE sg_postid = ID AND sg_lastupdateddate = post_modified)

1. Give you a count all Wordpress posts that need processing still:

SELECT COUNT(ID) FROM wp_posts WHERE post_type = 'post' AND post_status = 'publish' AND ID NOT IN (SELECT sg_postid FROM wp_socialgallery_postupdates WHERE sg_postid = ID AND sg_lastupdateddate = post_modified)

2. Give you the ID of all Wordpress posts that need processing still

SELECT ID FROM wp_posts WHERE post_type = 'post' AND post_status = 'publish' AND ID NOT IN (SELECT sg_postid FROM wp_socialgallery_postupdates WHERE sg_postid = ID AND sg_lastupdateddate = post_modified)

I ran all the above queries in my DB and got zero results for all. That tells me the update engine isn't coded correctly somewhere. If someone stops the update engine, or deletes/add posts while the engine is running, I think it borks it up. Can't be sure of course, and please don't rely on my advice here.

woods
03-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Since the update engine knows how many pages it's processed and what it has left when it hangs, isn't there some way for us to view a log of the errors to get some idea of where things are going wrong. If not I'd say this would be a much needed feature request.

Brian, Thanks for your input - this is a very good idea.

I ran all the above queries in my DB and got zero results for all.

Mayurj,

Great input - thanks for sharing these - they are all indeed usable.

Are you saying that your scan page says you have 1 post or page left but these queries return empties?

mayurj
03-11-2013, 11:49 PM
Are you saying that your scan page says you have 1 post or page left but these queries return empties?

Correct, but now it's something different. As I add images to the site, the update engine message changes. It's all very inconsistent.

matthew
03-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Hi mayurj,

Have you upgraded to the latest version of the Social Gallery plugin? (Currently version 2.1).

Thanks,

Matthew

mayurj
03-17-2013, 10:10 PM
Hi mayurj,

Have you upgraded to the latest version of the Social Gallery plugin? (Currently version 2.1).

Thanks,

Matthew

I haven't yet no. I will test the update on my dev site and get back to you shortly.

mayurj
03-17-2013, 10:22 PM
OK, new bug. When I view the Image Library, I get

Here you can see all of the images contained within the Social Gallery Image Library. Images you add to posts in the future will be automatically added to this library. You can manually check if this library is up to date on the Social Gallery Update Engine page.

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/57331/domains/new.letsfaceitbeauty.ca/html/wp-content/plugins/social-gallery/includes/SocialGallery.Library.php on line 164

matthew
03-18-2013, 12:54 AM
Hi mayurj,

Thanks for reporting this issue, we are currently investigating and will release a fix ASAP.

However, could I please ask you to create a new thread/topic for your queries in the future unless they are actually related to the thread? This thread is titled 'for ever and ever 'Unprocessed Posts & Pages (Full Scan): 6 pages left to process.' and doesn't relate to the error message you have just posted.

Thanks,

Matthew

mayurj
03-18-2013, 01:03 AM
Hi mayurj,

Thanks for reporting this issue, we are currently investigating and will release a fix ASAP.

However, could I please ask you to create a new thread/topic for your queries in the future unless they are actually related to the thread? This thread is titled 'for ever and ever 'Unprocessed Posts & Pages (Full Scan): 6 pages left to process.' and doesn't relate to the error message you have just posted.

Thanks,

Matthew

Sorry about that. Yes, will do.

matthew
03-18-2013, 01:11 AM
Many thanks.

cybohmoob
03-18-2013, 07:25 PM
LoL. This one's simple.

Just log into your MYSQL.

PURGE all the SOCIAL GALLERY imagelinks, images and PostUpdates.

RE-scan.

That's it.

What happens is that word press sometimes changes the links on images or you may have edited your photos, deleted them or moved them to another page or directory. This CAUSES SG to lose track of what's missing and what's not or where it is and it just keeps trying forever or halts at the point of the CHANGEs.

GL.

mayurj
03-18-2013, 09:01 PM
LoL. This one's simple.

Just log into your MYSQL.

PURGE all the SOCIAL GALLERY image links and images.

RE-scan.

That's it.

What happens is that word press sometimes changes the links on images or you may have edited your photos, deleted them or moved them to another page or directory. This CAUSES SG to lose track of what's missing and what's not or where it is and it just keeps trying forever or halts at the point of the CHANGEs.

GL.

Can you specify which tables to empty please?

cybohmoob
03-18-2013, 09:36 PM
socialgallery_images
socialgallery_imagelinks

cybohmoob
03-18-2013, 09:38 PM

socialgallery_images
socialgallery_imagelinks

Oh my. This forums post lags.

mayurj
03-18-2013, 09:48 PM
socialgallery_images
socialgallery_imagelinks

Thanks for the info! I will give it a try on my dev server.

mayurj
03-18-2013, 10:04 PM
OK, I tried it and it made no difference. The update engine still says 1 pages left to process. I'm using the latest version of the plugin. This is getting really tiring.

cybohmoob
03-19-2013, 06:11 AM
Have patients. It's not really Social Gallery's fault.
WordPress is more complex than most users think.

Here's my guide.
Hope it works for you. If not you may Need a fresh install.

http://forum.socialgalleryplugin.com/showthread.php/147-How-to-fix-IMAGE-scanning-stuck

captusimago
03-19-2013, 09:16 AM
AddThis Follow Widget
AddThis Social Bookmarking Widget
AddThis Welcome Bar
Cookie Law Info
Delete Me
Facebook Comments
Frontpage Manager
Google XML Sitemaps
GT Tabs
Jigoshop
Justified Image Grid
NextScripts: SNAP Pro Upgrade Helper
NextScripts: Social Networks Auto-Poster
Pronamic iDEAL
Regenerate Thumbnails
Require Post Category
Slider PRO
Social Gallery - Premium WordPress Social Lightbox [Pro]
Tweet Blender
Tweet old post
WP Image Protect Premium
WP Parallel Loading System

matthew
03-26-2013, 09:36 PM
Hi,

It appears that there was an issue with the version of Social Gallery that was uploaded to CodeCanyon. Can you please re-download the latest version and re-test?

Thanks,

Matthew

captusimago
03-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Works like a charm.

I uninstalled the old version and installed the new version:)

matthew
03-27-2013, 04:50 PM
Great news! Thanks for letting us know.

captusimago
03-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Crap:( I mean the plugin works like a charm whilst the previous download didn't go past installing:)

The hanging scanning process is still there.

captusimago
03-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Even worse, since I cleaned the tables to reset the scanning process, Social Gallery doesn't appear anymore:( So now it's completely useless to me:(

Please help

I use it with Justified Image Grid which used to work great. Now that setting in Social Gallery, since the table clean action, doesn't work anymore, presumably because the scan doesn't finish or something?!

captusimago
03-28-2013, 04:58 PM
temporary save:)

I set the 'link class(es) in Justified Image Grid to 'socialGallery'

and in theSpecific CSS Selector to '.socialGallery' in Social Gallery and now the whole library is irrelevant to the actual showing of Social Gallery:) And it works.

So until the scanning thingy is solved I have a working Social Gallery:)

woods
03-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Hi Guys,

Wow you've been busy - thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences and advice - it's really cool you are helping out!

Good news! Later today CodeCanyon should approve v2.2 which I uploaded yesterday.... and it's got TOOLS! Under settings you'll be able to "clear library" and "clear scan history" - this should stop you needing to mess with the database (though obviously DO NOT use these if you don't understand what's here.)

I've found out that a few plugins seem to mess with Scanning - namely "Magic members membership plugin" - please do let me know if any of you find a specific plugin which causes scanning to fail.

Cheers

cybohmoob
03-30-2013, 12:57 PM
Hi Guys,

Wow you've been busy - thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences and advice - it's really cool you are helping out!

Good news! Later today CodeCanyon should approve v2.2 which I uploaded yesterday.... and it's got TOOLS! Under settings you'll be able to "clear library" and "clear scan history" - this should stop you needing to mess with the database (though obviously DO NOT use these if you don't understand what's here.)

I've found out that a few plugins seem to mess with Scanning - namely "Magic members membership plugin" - please do let me know if any of you find a specific plugin which causes scanning to fail.

Cheers

Awesome woods. Glad it's built in now. Was kinda slow manually doing it. Thanks.

mikemayhem3030
03-31-2013, 10:49 AM
Yeah great work Woods :) hopefully v2.2 will be much easier to support due to having a lot less bugs :) woop