PDA

View Full Version : Social Gallery with nextgen

ipongo
02-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Hi i have been sitting here for an hour or so, but i cant get it to work (sry for my bad english)
first of all, i want to thank for what seems to be just the plugin that i have been searching for.

the problem is, that the picture´s in nextgen gallery still loads in to a blank page with the picture only.
it feels like i have tryed it all.

Social gallery is set on - nextgen compatibility mode
nextgen effects are on - none and have tryed it on custom

i got it almost to work on a normal post picture. but social gallery loaded for a halv a sec and then to the blank page with the picture in it.
in that halv sec, i also sa an error msg that the facebook thing dosnt work.

i am willing to send you the login to my wordpress account to get it fixed.

Best regards//robert

woods
02-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Hi Robert,

I am sure we can get this solved for you - please do post your site URL so I can have a look and I'll guide you from there.

Cheers

W

ipongo
02-22-2013, 02:24 PM
The url is http://butthurt.se/?page_id=678
i have even taken some prtsc if that would help you to find the problem i am having :)
thanks for the quick respons

ipongo
02-23-2013, 09:49 AM
problem solved, the plugin dsnt work with my theme (tried another one and it worked perfectly)

my question then is, will you make so the plugin works in your upcoming update, on all themes?

matthew
02-25-2013, 07:19 PM
Hi ipongo,

The Social Gallery plugin is coded following Wordpress' standard coding practices and will work with any correctly coded theme. This is more of a case of the theme not being coded correctly or not to Wordpress' coding standards.

Thanks,

Matthew

mikemayhem3030
02-26-2013, 11:14 PM
@matthew,

Do you know why it was failing with the theme? I think Woods hooks into the wp_footer() function in Social Gallery coding.

Perhaps some sort of fallback in a future update? A lot of (as you say) poor themes sometimes miss this function call. They'll usually close the <body> element though so perhaps an append to that?

I don't know the guts of the Soc Gal code well enough to comment.

Working with every theme is a tall order. I'm sure with a bit of premium paid support an "install and setup" service could be offered for any theme.

woods
03-05-2013, 07:34 AM
@matthew,

Do you know why it was failing with the theme? I think Woods hooks into the wp_footer() function in Social Gallery coding.

Perhaps some sort of fallback in a future update? A lot of (as you say) poor themes sometimes miss this function call. They'll usually close the <body> element though so perhaps an append to that?

I don't know the guts of the Soc Gal code well enough to comment.

Working with every theme is a tall order. I'm sure with a bit of premium paid support an "install and setup" service could be offered for any theme.

Thanks for your input here Mike, I do agree there may be a better way of dealing with this. I'll think on it :)